Chapter 44: Who's It Gonna Be?

Everyone turns to where Adrian is now standing. His eyes are throwing daggers at Cade and Evelyn.

Evelyn smiles as she slants her neck and turns toward Adrian.

"Finally, the grand finale entrance I had been waiting for! It's great to see you lover boy!"

"You are not getting away with this Evelyn, just put down the gun and everything is going to be ok".

Evelyn laughs and walks confidently closer to where Cade is holding me against the wall. Cade smirks at Evelyn as she hands him the gun. He puts it on my temple and I feel tears fall down my cheeks as he starts talking.

"I tried asking your pretty little trophy wife to sign the papers, but she won't agree! How about a little twist in the story.... sign the divorce papers Adrian... or wifey here gets all the content of this little gun fit in her skull".

Adrian tenses his jaw.

"No! Don't you sick—". I can sense the panic and fear in Adrian's voice.

Evelyn walks closer to Adrian laughing and thanking Cade, inches apart from Adrian, she presses herself closer to him and I feel I am going to puke all over again.

She hands Adrian the papers and kisses him. Adrian closes his eyes and his entire body is completely rigid. Cade pulls me closer, his hand starts lifting my shirt up and his fingers start to run on my stomach moving up. Oh God! This can't be happening, my skin crawls at his touch and I feel violated and disgusted. I let out a whimper which makes Adrian look straight at me.

The pain in his eyes is evident and he curses again.

"DON'T F*CKING TOUCH HER!" He yells at Cade but, Cade just laughs out loud as if its the funniest thing he has ever heard.

Evelyn hands Adrian the papers and asks him to sign them. I feel my heart pound faster. Just as Adrian is about to sign them, Derek enters and fires right at Evelyn's arm.

She lets out a scream and falls to the floor. Cade grabs hold of me and fires at Derek who has pushed Adrian out of the way.

Cade fires again and Derek gets shot in the back. I gasp and go completely numb, fearful of what might happen next. Derek falls to the ground. And Evelyn gets up. Holding a gun she hits the barrel of the gun on his head.

Oh God! I feel I am completely deprived of breathing as Derek lies there unconscious. My body goes completely limp seeing Evelyn lose her mind so easily.

Two fires are shot and everything comes to a standstill as Emma walks in wearing a maroon dress and maroon heeled pumps, the one she had worn when Cade had attacked me.

"What is all this commotion?" Emma yells as she walks down towards us.

She stops just a few steps from Adrian and Adrian looks at her in shock. She seems to have left all her emotions at bay, as she looks unaffected from the anger Adrian has in his eyes.

"Son! It's great to finally see you here! Finally the truth will be out and you will see what scam of a family she belongs to".

"What the hell is wrong with you? How could you hurt Ailey like this Mother? Why?"

"Ask your father why? He slept with that tramp! Left everything for her! And what do I get? For all the torture I had to go through, a dumb dead daughter and an simpleton of a son who actually fell for this gold digger!"