Chapter 24: Foreign Enemy Pt.2

I hate him. If I could just stuff him with a pillow. And pretend he attempted suicide that would be amazing.

Apparently, Adrian had thought that the best place for sight seeing would be the National Museum of War in Scotland. I wanted to punch him. Nothing was interesting here other than old machine guns and war craft.

Just as another yawn was about to escape my lips, I heard someone calling me from behind. I turned to see, Axcel walking towards me. Uncertain, of what reaction to give, I settled in for a subtle smile. Once, he did reach me he took my hand and gave the back of my palm a kiss.

Which surprised me, as I wasn't aware of his courteous antics. He moved back, and gave me one of his regular smiles again.
"So Mrs. Vittorio, what a pleasant surprise to see you here, but out of curiosity what brings you here, you don't seem a girl interested in war craft much".

I smiled, and shook my head.
"Oh no. Not at all, its Adrian's idea of sightseeing apparently, we were-"

"Aileyyy... how many times do I have to tell you not to stop in places like these, you could get los- what are you doing here?"

Adrian came from behind me but his entire exterior changed the moment he saw who was standing in front of us. As if the coldness in his eyes returned and the ruthless behavior emerged again probably coursing through his veins. To tell you the truth standing between two men who look like they are ready to kill can be pretty scary, the tension in the room could be easily scooped with an ice cream scoop.

To make things worse, Axcel decided to open his mouth and speak, "My Adrian, is that how you treat an old friend, the last time you questioned my invite, now you question me meeting your beautiful and smart wife here, I must say, you mustn't be so irresponsible about her, someone might come and snatch her right in front of you". 

If the look that Adrian had on his face was directed towards me I would have already accepted defeat and found my way 6 ft underground. Suddenly, Adrian grabbed my hand pushing me behind him, he gave Axcel a nod that pretty much said 'don't come near or I will kill you', not that I could blame him, what Axcel had said had infuriated me too, I mean I wasn't some kind of object or property that someone would try to claim.
"Come on now... Must everything end in violence Ad"
Adrian smirked, "Not like it ended last time with you mate".
This caused Axcel to frown, but then he smiled again and replied with yet another more cocky expression, "Of course, you wouldn't wish your wife to see the broken state you were in when I was chosen over you"
Oh dear. Adrian was about explode, i could feel his body tense up and fingers curl into whitening fists.
Grabbing my hand in a tightening grip he started walking in another direction. My hand started to hurt from his vice grip, "Adrian... you're hurting me... what is so wrong".
Without saying a word Adrian pushed me inside the car and told the driver to take us back to our suite.
"What is wrong with you, what happened back there?"

"Ailey! Its wise of you to keep your mouth shut, you have done nothing but disappointed me again, it was on Mother's request I decided to give you chance, but again you made the mistake of throwing my trust the minimal as it may be out the window"
A tear rolled down my cheek, this was exactly, what I was fearful off, what are the chances of the fact that he would change, his temper was his worst enemy, he wouldn't control it and he would definitely shatter me into pieces again, the irony of the situation, no matter how stronger I felt on the inside, a small whimper was the only thing that came out of my mouth, without another word, I shifted in my seat holding on to the leather tightly, feeling my fists turning white. 

Warm fingers encapsulated my fists and turned them over and no sooner Adrian's warm voice whispered in my ears,
"You do know, the more you tighten your fist the more your nails are going to hurt your hands later and besides this isn't my car its a rented one".