Chapter 27: Broken Trust

Silence. The word itself is vacuum of emotions either at the verge of breaking out or becoming nonexistent.

The trip back home was a blur. I didn't want to cry anymore. I just felt numb. I didn't feel like talking to anyone about this. Not to Andrea or anyone else. I just wanted some inner peace.

Finally, I unzipped my bag and started putting all my toiletries and other clothes back in their place. I took a shower and changed into my grey tank top and shorts, since my hair was still wet I just let it loose and decided to make a sandwich.

What I wasn't expecting was to find Adrian in the kitchen fixing himself something to eat. I cascaded my eyes downward, trying my best to avoid all kinds of communication with him, I was beyond mad at him, not for not giving me a chance to speak and then assuming the worst outcome from it.

The irony of the situation was that he had continued his relationship as well and I had said nothing about it, I had never intended to even mind whether he dated someone other despite being married to me, I was downright furious now. All his words came thrashing at me, making me feel nauseous and violated.

"You could have asked me!!"

Adrian looked up from his laptop that he had kept beside his plate. "Ailey"

" No ! Adrian I can't believe you wouldn't trust me you would just throw a tantrum without believing me? And then to top it off you had the audacity to call me a girl with no moral when you have been dating Evelyn all along and then you got all irrational just because one of your friends was a jerk".

I was seething now, but when the look in Adrian's eyes darkened, I knew I was in for big.
He turned towards the laptop, "Mr. Drew we will carry on with this in my office tomorrow, my wife needs her pills again".

The nerve of him. Wait, was he on call with someone oh dear.
Before I could ponder more on what I had done. I was pulled towards something or more like someone Adrian. "You wanna talk about what happened, fine let's talk, first of all Axcel was and never will be my friend. Second of all, how many times do I have to make it clear to you to stop meddlin— what happened to your arm? Did he do this to you?"

As much as I wanted to cry and tell him 'yes' that it was his rival who had violated me, my ego didn't allow me to show him my vulnerability, so I did the next most smartest thing I could have thought of,  "Nothing happened, I walked into the wall and bruised myself, that doesn't concern you, you are right Adrian". I said, pushing his arms away, "I shouldn't meddle in your life".

"Ailey get the fu*k back here".

"No".

That was it I walked back into my room leaving him there, he can be grumpy all he wants, what happened back in Scotland can't come out in the open, you see something had happened back in Scotland.

~Flashback: Scotland~

"Axcel please don't do this, I am your friend's wife".

"Friend..." he spitted it out as if that word was venomous, the look in his eyes was horrifying, filled with disgust, "That man ruined my life Ailey, that man you call your husband, he is a tyrant, he is going to scar you like he scarred me, got so petty after losing his little baby sister, huh, no matter how much of a cold demeanor he may put he is and will always be a weakling".

His grip on my hand was making me cry tears of agony, the pain was too much, "You are not half the man he is and you never will be one". I replied struggling to get free, Axcel angrily looked at something behind me or at someone, then a devilish glint shown in his eyes and he tried to kiss me, but before that he whispered, if you try to scream, I will do exactly the same what happened to your auntie dearest.