Chapter 10: The Retribution

~Ailey~

I have never felt so comfortable in my bed before. In fact this is the best sleep I have ever had.

Yawning completely in an unladylike way I try to stretch my arms, but I am unable to as I am completely cocooned into Adrian's arms. The thought makes me blush more and I try to wiggle my way out again.

"Stop it... Go to sleep..."
I hear Adrian's husky bed voice from behind and I still for moment.

"Adrian... Its past 12... Don't you have to work".

"No... Now go back to sleep.."

He replies childishly and a giggle escapes my mouth. This made him turn me around and I paused feeling suddenly shy as well as scared, a million thoughts ran in my mind, would he yell at me again or would he turn cold towards me again.

"I have never seen you so relaxed before.."

"Umm" was the only stupid reply I could come up with. It seemed as if my brain had stopped functioning and my heart was going through a heavy workout by the way it was beating tremendously.

Adrian's face was so close to mine and he kept on looking at me as if trying to discover something anew, what I wasn't sure of it.

"Wou... Would you like some french toasts for breakfast ?"

Wow. Great going Ailey. He doesn't like your cooking and here your offering him food. And what a perfect thing to say to your lawful husband who is lost in a world of his own came the snarky voice of my conscience in my mind.

"I would love that".

"Really ? You want me to cook... Me as in the girl whom you thought would poison your food" I asked a bit startled finally sitting up confused.

He looked at me puzzled and then as if realization dawned on him. Apologetically, he got up too and looked at me more, while I found the pattern of the carpet quite interesting and kept my gaze downwards.

"I am sorry about that... Would it be too much if I say that I would like you to cook for me... In fact I would love to help you too... If that is ok with you I mean..."

~Adrian~

I can't believe this girl is actually making me stammer. I pause in between noticing her big flame brown eyes have grown larger and are staring at me with shock. I hold out my hand to her, at first she just stares at it then, shaking her head vigorously as if shaking her thoughts away she takes my hand and beams at me, smiling ear to ear.

"Oh okay... Lets cook breakfast then..."

I follow behind her, uncertain of what to do and how to do.

This is all so new and hard. I look at the eggs that she has given me to break the shell and put them in the bowl while she cuts the bread into small eatable sized portions.

I break one egg a little scared as if this place is going to burst any moment, that's when I hear the same melodious giggle again, I turn around and give her a mock glare.

"This isn't funny you know..."

She immediately stops and I regret ever commenting on her laughter. Instead she lowers her head again and mutters an apology as if scared to speak and that makes me realize that she doesn't trust me, in fact somehow I had terrorized her.

Leaving the eggs on the counter I walk towards her, she is busy with the slices and doesn't notice me until I am right beside her.

~Ailey~

I guess I shouldn't have laughed on him. It is extremely rude too, why am I so mean. My train of thoughts halt when I feel someone right beside me. I turn to look and Adrian looking down at me. He looks down at me and I am too much of a coward to look back up at him, so without a second glimpse I lower my gaze down towards the counter fiddling with the hem of my long shirt.

Long, clean fingers touched my chin and lifted my face up making me dive into two shiny ocean blue pupils that were filled with remorse, regret and apology.

"I'm sorry... I was just teasing you, it wasn't my intention to scare you at all".

"It's okay. I am sorry for being such a Debby downer, I just need sometime".

He traced his thumb over my jaw cupping my face in his warm hands making sure that I don't look anywhere else but at him,

"Don't frown you would get wrinkles and besides I would like to see these flame brown eyes of yours, to smile rather than cry".

"huh?!"

This was my lame response again and he poked my cheek smiling at me, waking me from the dream I was in, he had a smile on his beautiful face and that is when I noticed the cream leaking down from my cheek who would have thought the arrogant and workaholic Adrian Vittorio could be so playful.

I had to admit that it was the first time I saw him smiling and I loved it. Soon my lips stretched into a smile to convince him that I was in fact okay and then with that leaving his warm embrace I turned.

Grabbing the chocolate sauce from the counter I poured it all over his shirt and thus began the world's most craziest food fight ever with breakfast all forgotten and a lot of mess for poor Rina as now she had not one adult who acted like a child but two.