Chapter 16

I had been at the coffee shop for about 20 minutes now and Dean still hadn't shown up. I was about to leave when a figure stood over me blocking my light. 

"Sorry I'm late, I was getting a lecture off Roman" He said sitting down. 

"No worries" I said laughing.  

It was a bit awkward as we've never really been alone for this amount of time. Until Dean actually spoke up. "So, what's it like being the Divas Champion at 18?" 

I sat back in my chair before I spoke. "Pretty weird. I mean I've only been here what a month? And I'm already at the top of my game. I think a lot of the Divas hate it, especially the ones that have been here for years like Natalya, The Bella's, Rosa, Tamina. Hell Naomi deserves it more than me. I swear Layla retired because of me" I said putting my coffee down. 

"Don't beat yourself up about it. WWE wouldn't of given it to you if they didn't think you could handle it. Talk to Paige, she was in your shoes last year. The day of her debut she became the champion, it was a lot of stress on her but she manage to handle it. And now look, she's been the champ two times"   

"I suppose" I said sighing. 

"I mean not many people can say that they are the Divas Champion and living their dream at 18 can they?" 

"Nope" I smiled. 

"So don't get annoyed at yourself, use it as positive energy. You know there are many people out there that admire and look up to you" He smiled. 

"Who knew Dean Ambrose could be so nice?" I laughed. 

"A lot of people actually, you just have to get to know me first" 

"True...are you looking forward to your match at Summerslam?" I asked staring at him. 

"Yep, I get to go out there and do what I love to do. And I get to do it with my best friend" He said staring back. 

"I love how close you two are. Wish I had a friend like that" He gave me a confused look. "I don't get on with many people around here. A lot of them moan about how I came up to the WWE, but I worked my ass off just as hard as them! I get on with Nikki, but she's always with John. I also get on better with guys than girls" 

"Some people do. We could be friends you know?" He said turning the spoon around in his coffee. 

"And why would I want to be friends with Dean Ambrose?" I said sitting back. 

"Because I'm the only one that has made an effort to talk to you" Dam he got me there. 

We spent the rest of the evening talking about how much we loved wrestling. "Well this has been nice, we should do it again you know because we're friends" I smiled. 

"Sure thing, friend" He laughed. 

Maybe Dean Ambrose wasn't as bad as I thought he was.