Chapter 4.|

☆

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
Shokugeki no Soma FanFiction|
The Zero Seat : Book 1 | For Her

|Chapter 04.|

The memory of her father practicing archery would be a memory she would never forget no matter how much time passed.

"Your mother would kill me if she knew I'd let you near the archery field. Let's keep this a secret from mom okay?"

"Mhm!" The younger Fujimori nodded, excited.

"Also sweetie, don't move from your seat no matter what." Her father who dressed in the traditional archery uniform took his place on the field.

As Kaoru watched from the sidelines she gazed at him full of admiration, he looked so dignified as he raised his bow.

The way his mismatched eyes concentrated in a matter of seconds staring the target right in the middle.

His sole focus was making sure his arrow hit the target right in the center. She waited in excitement as her eyes never left her father.

When he was ready he released the arrow, cutting through air.

"Wah!! That was so cool!" She stood up, cheering and clapping loudly as the arrow hit a bullseye.

Once her father heard his daughter's cheers, he ran in her direction with a smile on his face.

"Kaoru, you surprised me there! I almost forgot that you were watching. That was cool wasn't it?"

Although the young Fujimori nodded furiously in agreement, she couldn't contain her enjoyment.

"Again! One more time!" As she bounced up in excitement, in one motion her father swooped her in his arm.

"Okay, okay. Anything for you."

As Kaoru recalled the memory of her father she quickly shook it off along with the feeling that came with it.

Solely focusing on the target in front of her. She took her stance, raising her bow, focusing on the center of the target.

She drew an arrow, gliding it against her bow. Once her arrow aligned with the center she pulled the string back. Arching her arms ready to release the grip when ready.

She felt the calm afternoon breeze kiss her cheeks.

'Breathe in then out.'

She tuned out her surroundings and focused on the sound of the wind.

In one movement, she quickly released the tension from the arrow. Piercing the target, dead center.

'This year will mark five years since their deaths.'

"One more time."

-----

"This school! It's ridiculously huge!" The transfer student stated the obvious. He quickly noticed the sun setting making him pick up his pace.

As the red-haired male hurried to find the so-called 'Polar Star Dormitory' even though he had no prior knowledge of it.

As he marched forward, a scenery came into view. Many fancy buildings decorated the scenery, each of them standing out for their beauty and intricate designs. He stared in awe hoping the dormitory was fancy as well.

Once he reached his destination he came across a fork in the road. He faced two buildings on the left, a run down western style dormitory which had been overrun by nature. His other choice shined brighter than the one on the left. On his right, a traditional Japanese mansion, with various flowers and cherry blossom trees decorating the field.

Soma didn't have time to be weighing his options though. Night time was on the rise. He followed his gut and turned right.

"Excuse me? Is anyone here?" He pushed through the gates. Entering, he was greeted with the sound of shaking leaves.

Noises came from further on, before he knew it he began to walk towards the source of noise. Once he came to a stop, he was faced with an archery field. The commotion he had heard early was the sound of arrows piercing the dual colored target.

All of the arrows that were shot hit a direct bullseye. His eyes that were glued on the arrows followed to where they came from.

He had forgotten to breathe the moment he laid his eyes on her. She was dressed in the traditional archery uniform. The way she carried herself as she held her bow was captivating. Her eyes colored of pure silver pierced through the target, she was focused, unaware of her surroundings.

She was not the only one, unaware of his own actions he stepped forward, big mistake.

The sound of a tree branch breaking into half broke her concentration. Suddenly her long navy hair whisked in Soma's direction. At that moment she released the arrow. The arrow missed by an inch, but enough to shock the boy.

"Yukihira Soma."

She spoke, dismissing the look of surprise he carried."The speech you gave was impressive. It was the most exciting thing that has happened in a long time. I look forward to what you have to bring to Tōtsuki. I hope you don't disappoint."

"You're looking for the Polar Star Dormitory." Silver met gold as the two finally made eye contact.

"Correct?" Her words were covered in ice.

"Y-yeah that's right." His words stumbled.

'Very manly, Soma.' The boy scolded himself.

"If you don't mind my company I'll gladly show you the way." Kaoru usually made it her mission to stay out of people's affairs but somehow she wasn't able to stay away.

She glanced over her shoulder, noticing Soma was not following her. "Aren't you coming?" She motioned him with her bow.

The two walked in silence and walked across the street back to the rundown building Soma was at early.

With ease she opened the gates and then she knocked on the door. After a few minutes, an older lady greeted the two.

"Good evening, Fumio. I have someone who wishes to be a tenant." She glanced in Soma's direction.

"If he passes the test then I'll gladly take him. If not he'll have to sleep outside."

"Goodnight to both of you. I'll take my leave now." She bowed, bidding them a goodbye.

Soma had one foot inside but couldn't get his other foot to do the same. He turned back, staring at the mystery girl from behind.

"Wait!" He caught her just before she left the gates.

He really didn't know why he stopped her but he spoke his mind. "Thanks for helping and not shooting me."

Her eyes widened in surprise. "You're welcome but, I don't think you should be thanking me for the second part."

"Yukihira-san, when it comes to archery I never miss." She pushed through the gates leaving for good.

A chill spread, like a wildfire not for the obvious reason but for the excitement that surged in his body.

There was only one question he asked himself as he entered the dormitory.

'Who is she?'

———-

Chapter 4 has now ended.
Would you like to continue?