Chapter 16.| Empty Promise

I waited someone or something to happen,
Each time the door opened know one was there,
Only darkness greeted me with open arms,
It's telling to stay...but I want to see the other side..
~~~~~~~~

 Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V~

"Hmm..I wonder if something happened to Megumi." A worried Ryoko spoke as she gazed down at her phone.

"Everyone should be done with their afternoon lesson." Marui concluded.

The worried voices of each polar star attendee rang through out the main hall. One grey eye chef walked through the entrance doors,her butler by her side. Each chefs eyed her with interest,she made contact with one of them, for a moment a glimpse of emotion could be seen but then it was gone. As she walked towards the group the gap between them got smaller with each step she took. Never once meeting the young girl,only catching slight peaks of her but,never once meeting her face to face.

Not knowing what to expect the groups shoulders tensed. "I'm not going to bite you know." She said with a sad smile. Not being use to the female showing emotion they all stared in momentary shocked. "I'm sorry." The words came tumbling out of her mouth. "I'm sorry because Tadokoro and Soma are facing a Shokugeki in my stead if Soma loses he will be expelled." She said as she bowed deeper. "Sorry, for placing your friends in danger." She apologized again.

---------

Kaoru's P.O.V~

"I guess it's always going to be like this huh?" I say in defeat. I'm always going to stay and do nothing as I watch the precious things come tumbling down. "You're not allowed to participate in the Shokugeki because of you're current state please understand. Now close your eyes." As I do as I'm told warm water comes down. "If you wish to do something you have to get better and recover."

He massages my scalp with his well defined hands. "Do you not believe in Yukihira-san abilities? You need to have faith in him believe that he will succeed. He's not bad." In shock I glance back at him its usual for him to compliment any boy that I come in contact with. It took a while before he could finally accept my friendship with Satoshi. "Please face forward." He scolds me. "Okay. I will believe in him he will succeed." I say as the warm towel wraps around my body.
~~~~~~~~

I eye up at my awaiting butler until he finally sighs and proceeds to exit the bathroom. I don't know when he's going to realize that I'm not a child no more. The towel pools down to my ankles as I dress in my undergarments grabbing the nearest robe and exiting the room.

"I placed your clothes on the bed." He speaks softly. Losing up the slash I didn't feel like dressing in a kimono instead I dressed in normal sleepwear. Sliding into the covers awaiting for something to happen. Why does it feel like I lost? "Here you go." He place a tray with herbal tea and sugar cookies on my lap. "You need to have something before you take medicine."