Chapter 12.|Long time rivals

" Everything precious always slips away from me..
" I was all alone."
"I needed someone next to me.."
~~~~~~~

{Karou P

{Karou P.O.V}

"Excuse me. Chef Inui are we allowed to use any equipment like ones we brought on our own?" I asked. "Of course. Use whatever you're heart desires!" She answers back.

Perfect.

The objective: To make a dish that could serve as a main dish in Japanese cuisine. The reason is for this task shows how everyone develops a different perspective when placed in an unfamiliar situation.How will they react will their thinking slows down or they begin to panic and start to misjudge their options. A test to show who crumbles and falls or who rises up to the plate.

"Hey Takumi are you done yet?" I called to him as he was challenging Soma.

"J-just wait a moment I'm not done yet!" He glares at me before continues to talk. "Let's decide who the better chef!"He walks over to Chef Inui."Chef Inui, I'd like you to make the call." "Please use you're rigorous judgement and decide whose cooking has the better taste!" A very confident Takumi spoke. "That has nothing to do with my task,so I prefer not to." He was quickly shut down by Chef Inui. "Oh,well I suppose." A now dejected Takumi whispered.

"Pfft haha! You got rejected!!"I laughed. Everyone looked at me shocked at my sudden outburst of emotion. Shoot! "In any case, I'm not going to lose to you! I'll make a dish that top yours!" Where seriously wasting time here. That's it! I grabbed the Italian twin by the collar dragging out of the building with him yelling something about beating Soma for sure.

The older twin dusted himself from begin dragged. I quickly looked around for something hmmm..I guess I left it. "Takumi I forgot to get something you go ahead." I told him. "Fine." he waved off. I quickly hurried back to the building to retrieve my item. As I grabbed my bow I looked at the Soma and Tadokoro talking away looking happy, laughing, they looked normal to me. I pulled the strap that holds my arrows over my shoulder.I felt torn apart at the scene before me.

You're not normal don't you see look how happy they are laughing enjoy themselves without a care in the world. Are you really going to strip him away from normal happiness? They aren't like you, just stop trying to get out of the dark,Karou.Theirs no light for you. He's just pretending because he feels bad for you. You can't live a normal live. No! You're wrong I'm going to try and start all over again now matter how many times it takes! Even if you get left alone again? Shaking off the last comment determined I headed towards the door. With my hand on the handle ready to open the door a familiar voice called out to me. "Karou-chan! Good luck!" Soma said.

I nodded without looking back. I rushed back towards Takumi." Sorry I'm late." I apologized. "It's fine. I'll take the lead in this dish. Since everyone with be using some sort of fish, we need a different type of protein for the dish." Okay, then we need to use duck,rabbit or chicken" I said bluntly. "Just leave the hunting to me."I stated showing him my bow. Once we reached the far end of the forest I drew a arrow gliding it against my bow. Pulling the string along with the arrow back arching my arms in order to release the grip when ready.