Chapter 7.|

☆

..:*°..:*°..:*°
Shokugeki no Soma FanFiction|
The Zero Seat: Book 1 | For Her

|Chapter 07.|

Yukihira Soma-

It began with small noises, but as I got closer the sounds that reached my ears were the sounds of someone in pain. I was the only person who had noticed it, seems like everyone else was busy doing something of their own.

I followed the sound as I walked down the hallway it grew more clearer as I approached the source. It was coming from Isshiki-senpai's room. He was downstairs the last time I had checked. If he was downstairs then what was the cause?

Curiosity had gotten the best of me, slowly I opened the door. I wasn't expecting to see the person my eyes had laid on.

It was her, Kaoru. She looked so beautiful under the moonlight. The light shined on her, making her look breathtaking. She began to whimper once again which brought my attention to the reason why I was here.

I crouched down, meeting her at eye level. Carefully, I wiped away her tears with the pad of my thumb.

"Everything will be alright." I whispered to her. Those words that slipped out of my mouth came as a complete surprise to me.

I didn't know why I said them but some part of me knew that I had to say these words. I wasn't expecting a response but what happened next shocked me the most.

Her arms had wrapped themselves around me, I could feel her shaking against my body. She felt so frail in my arms it felt that even the slight pressure could break her. 

I was stunned, I didn't know how to react. Before I knew I gently wrapped my arms around her. I quickly noticed she was no longer trembling and appeared calmer than before. 

She began to ease herself into me, it seemed that she was no longer in pain.

'I'm glad.'

I wanted to tell her that everything was going to be alright, but before I could say anything I was interrupted by a familiar voice. A voice I quickly recognized.

Her eyes widen as she stared at the person in front of her. Though her eyes weren't on mine, mine were on hers. Her grey eyes were slightly reddish from the tears that had escaped.

I wanted to wipe away the remaining tears she had like I did before. So I unconsciously, began  to move  my hand inching closer to her. Before, I could even touch her, I felt my hand aching that's when I began to realized that she had pushed my hand away.

She left my arms before I even noticed, only leaving me with the faint presence of her warmth.

Now, I had caught her attention but her eyes had changed. Her eyes were filled with horror as she tossed me a quick glance before running out the door.