Chapter 5.|

☆

..:*°..:*°..:*°
Shokugeki no Soma FanFiction|
The Zero Seat: Book 1 | For Her

|Chapter 05.|

'Today was going to be different.'  With the thought in mind, I swallowed the red pill down and headed outside.

''Ding!''

"I'll be down in a minute." I shut my phone off once I read the message from my childhood friend. I grabbed my book from my bag as I waited for him to arrive.

A few seconds later, I heard footsteps walking in my direction. I looked up from my book to see someone else. Once our eyes met, it was like we couldn't look away from one another.

It felt like time had came to a halt.

"Kaoru!" My name being called broke me out of the trance. I shifted my gaze to the person behind Soma.

Which was no other than Isshiki Satoshi, my childhood friend. My eyes lingered on the redhead for a few second more before turning around.

I began to walk forward once I knew Isshiki was by my side. "Sorry! I took so long, Kaoru." An apology left his lips as we walked to school.

"Did you oversleep?" I asked him, noticing the small bags he had under his eyes.

His eyes widen a bit, but then he smiled. "I guess nothing gets by you, doesn't it?"

"On his first day, the new transfer student challenged me to a shokugeki." I raised an eyebrow at him, surprised.

"I hope you didn't go easy on him."

"Well, if I showed him everything, that would ruin the fun, wouldn't it?" His lips arched into a slight smirk.

"I see," I mumbled under my breath.

---

"You rarely attend classes. Why the sudden change of heart?" I quickly glance at the transfer student who enters the classroom.

"Oh? I see..." Satoshi whispers. "He's caught your attention, hasn't he?" He leans forward, placing his hand on the wall beside me.

"He's interesting, and I would like to see what he's made of." I glanced into the classroom, by chance Yukihira's eyes meet mine once again for the second time today.

"As much as I'd like to spend more time talking to you. I have to get to class." I begin to move away from Isshiki.

"Good luck. I'll come to get you when you're done!" I gave him a small wave goodbye as he walked away from me.