Chapter 23.| Did you find it?

She shines brighter each day,
Her smile makes me want to smile as well,
Yet why? Even if she so close like cross the street,
I can feel that's theirs still a gap between us,

-----------------------------------

- S O M A

'On that snowy day I met her she had ran away from home because her parents couldn't make for her birthday. Well that was the story according to what Kaoru said the night before.'

"Ano..S-soma-kun the school posted the contestants who will be participating in the Autumn Elections." "W-would you like to go together?" Tadokoro asks as we eat breakfast with the rest of the gang. "Sure lets go together! Right everyone?" I turned towards everyone but they look at me with disbelief I didn't understand why.

_*

"Ah..Soma-kun my name isn't here I'm going to check the other boards." I turn to my head and respond to a extremely nervous Megumi. My eyes scanned each board it wasn't my name who I was searching for but it was Kaoru's but her name was nowhere to be seen. Everything she did at the training camp was so amazing maybe it wasn't enough..no I highly doubt it from the chances I got to see her cook I could tell she had extreme talent maybe even greater than mine.

The sound of skin hitting skin caught my attention my golden eyes meet with the other Nakiri and her raven hair sidekick. She must have noticed me staring that she says to me. "Well,well Yukihira Soma-kun. How do you do?"

"Hello! Everyone!" A high-pitched voice rings through the center of the school. After she introduces herself she begins to explain the rules which are fairly easy to understand. Two groups A and B will have thirty people each only the selected few who pass will go on to finals. 'Seems pretty easy.'

"-Elite ten"

"What did you say?" I asked the girl with the snow white hair.

"Are you interested Soma-kun? I said the Autumn elections are over seen by the elite ten that's why Erina's not participating."

"Most of the current elite ten have scored a victory during the main tournament. In other words, the next elite ten will emerge from among those who make it through the preliminaries."

If Erina's not participating in the election because she in the elite ten then why isn't Kaoru participating.

"...neither is Fujimori-san." The boy beside her whispered but I caught his words and I wasn't the only one. "You're still obsessed with Fujimori-san? Ryo-kun just because she left you in the dust back in Denmark you need to learn to forget and move on. "Tch."