Chapter 34

Steve's POV

I'm sat at the bar thinking about what happened with Leanne today. All I've been trying to do all summer is protect her not hurt her. that's the last thing I wanted to do, that's what I've tried to avoid happening and now she won't even be in the same room as me. I just wish she'd understand that.

"Dude, lighten up your killing the buzz" Paul says bringing me from my thoughts "I'm fine... just enjoying my drink" I fake a smile. And he looks at me skeptically raising an eyebrow. "Just give her some space"

"She hates me" I sigh and he rolls his eyes at me "Leanne doesn't hate you"

"She won't even come out with us tonight... Because of me"

"She just needs some space" he shrugs. "I know Leanne better than she knows herself. And trust me.. If she's pissed at you then leave her be and let her cool off and then go talk to her"

"But what if she doesn't wanna talk to me again?"

"She will... Just quit going on about her and Michael, the more you keep going on the further you'll push her away"

"But..."

"She wants to be with Michael, you need to except that" he cuts me off "so you think I should just give up... like you?" I say sarcastically and he sighs taking a deep breath. "I didn't give up... I let her go because I loved her and I still do, which is why I've sat back and said nothing because of you truly love somebody then you'd want them to be happy even if that means her being with someone else" Paul shrugs then walks off.

I go outside to get some air an start walking around trying to clear my head. I'm really not in the mood for the club tonight. I'm so stressed out about the argument with Leanne and all the things Paul just said. All I'm trying to do is protect her. I don't want to see her get hurt, I just wish she understand I'm trying to save her from getting hurt.

As I'm wondering the streets, I stop an realise I'm outside the 'victory' club. I walk in an head straight to the bar an order a drink. I turn around an see the Jacksons on stage. Just seeing Michael makes me wanna punch him. He's singing and dancing around the stage like he's gods gift and as I'm watching I see him look over in my direction giving me a death stare before continuing his song.

When the song finishes Michael looks over at me then turns back to the audience starts talking.

"I'd like to say thanks to everybody for having us here at the victory club..now listen up...this is our last an final night here in LA and this is our farewell show, and I just wanna say you've all been wonderful, it's been a long and amazing summer and we love you all" and I hope you've all had great summer" he glances over in my direction and smirks "I know I did" he winks, then starts singing their final song.

'I fucking knew it!!! I knew he was gonna do this to her!!!' I say to myself and storm out of the club.

I go round the back an wait outside the exit doors. 'I'm gonna kill him...the second he walks out I'm gonna kill him!' I say to myself pacing up and down.

I hear the exit door unlocking and I rush over as it opens and Jermaine walks out with the rest of his brothers but Michael's not with them. "Where the fuck is he!!?" Scream my blood boiling "who?" Jermaine walks up to me calmly pretending not to know what I'm talking about.

"you know who!, where the fuck is he!?" I scream again "Ohhh, you must mean Michael... They left already" he shrugs smirking "Yeah they left about 5 minutes ago"

"they?" I look at him confused "yup, Michael an his fiancé...their probably on their way home by now... So nice of her to come all the way down here to see him on his last show" he smiles.

I don't say anything I just run off back to the house to find Leanne. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. This is what I've been trying to protect her from. This is going to kill her when she finds out what Michael's done