Chapter 18

Backstage at rehearsals

Michael's POV

"Looking Out
Across The Night-Time
The City Winks A Sleepless Eye
Hear Her Voice
Shake My Window
Sweet Seducing Sighs

Get Me Out
Into The Night-Time
Four Walls Won't Hold Me Tonight
If This Town
Is Just An Apple
Then Let Me Take A Bite"

"Sounds good" I stop singing and turn seeing Marlon walking in closing the door behind him. "Oh, I was just um..."

"Who's it for?" He asks and I shake my head. "Nobody.. I thinking trying come up with something new"

"So what's going on with you and that girl?" He asks sitting beside me. "Leanne? We're good" I shrug. "You sure? You've been pretty quiet the last few days. has something happened?"

"Kinda" I mumble looking at the ground "Mike, you know you can tell me" he says placing his hand on my shoulder. "Well you remember when Leanne stayed at the hotel with me that night?"

"I thought you said nothing happened? You said you guys made out and passed out after that" he frowns confused. "She did" I mumble looking away guiltily "what did you do?" He asked worriedly. "Jermaine had been getting at me all day about her liking Steve and saying she could be lying about being a virgin and stuff and..."

"Please tell me you didn't have sex with her while she was passed out!" He cuts me off. "no! Of course not!" I snap at him. "Then. What.. Did.. You.. Do?" He asks again sternly. "I needed to know for sure so I um... Checked" I mumble "but I didn't do anything else I swear!"

"And that makes it ok!? Mike, there's difference between hooking up with a drunk chick at a bar and straight assault!" He snaps "I didn't assault her! I didn't even touch her! I just looked to see if she was really a virgin or not"

"And that makes it ok?" He looks at me raising and eyebrow and I look back down at the ground. "Of course not.. I feel awful about it. I know I should have just trusted her when she said she was"

"Why do you need her to a virgin so bad?" He looks at me confused. "I don't need her to be. She told me she was and I wanted to check she wasn't lying... Please don't tell anybody what I did"

"Just make sure it doesn't happen again. You don't do anything with her unless she's conscious and says YES you understand?"

"I won't happen again I swear" he doesn't say anything for a moment and looks around the room awkwardly. "So... Is she?" He asks faintly "she was telling the truth" I nod. he's about to say something when the door knocks and he goes over to get it. "Hey! How's it going!?" I look over and see Leanne at the door. And my stomach is in knots. I have no idea how long she's been out there or what she's heard but she seems really calm so I'm praying she didn't hear any part of that conversation.

*****
Leanne's POV

"So I'm gonna leave you guys to it" Marlon smile and Michael smiles back awkwardly through pursed lips. Then Marlon leaves closing the door behind him.

"Is this a bad time?"

"Baby, it's never a bad time to see you" he smiles pulling me onto his lap pressing his lips softy against mine then breaks away. "I wrote something for you" he smiles shyly "for me?"

"Mhm" he smiles shyly through pursed "that's why I asked you to come" he takes my hand and leads me over to a piano and we sit together on the seat and I start getting butterflies as he begins to sing.

Reaching Out
To Touch A Stranger
Electric Eyes Are Ev'rywhere
See That Girl
She Knows I'm Watching
She Likes The Way I Stare

Looking Out
Across The Morning
The City's Heart Begins To Beat
Reaching Out
I Touch Her Shoulder
I'm Dreaming Of The Street

After Michael stops singing he turns to me shyly. "I love it" I smile pulling him close to me kissing him soft yet deeply.