Chapter One

Just thought I'd say, this is all made up and I don't hate any of the YouTubers in this book and none of this is true as it is a fanfiction I have nothing against any of them and if you like them, that's fine! Don't start a shitstorm, you like whatever you have to to be happy!

Today is the day. I've hardly slept, thinking about what the new me is going to be like and this early start has already killed me. If I didn't slowly wake up throughout the day, my morning self would perfectly fit in with the asshole personality which I'm about to act out. I'm fed up of seventeen years of living with no real reason to thrive, being abused and battered every minute. The scars which lay all over my body caused by sadists who crave the cathartic release, so they chose to do it on me because I am, or was, weak. They relieved the crap things that was happening in their lives and took it out on me and I'm sick of it. today is the day I'm changing, for the best with my reputation, but for the worse for everything else.

This 'new me' thing is going to be excruciating, I have no idea what to do, I've never done any of the things I'm going to be expected to do to 'fit in'. what if I mess it up? What if I'm just someone who deserves to die alone?

I gradually get up from my bed, the place where I am allowed to be myself and dream freely and get changed in my new crappy uniform, straighten my hair because my curls aren't accepted in society because I look like a bloody hobbit, and spend the next ten minutes styling it. Skipping breakfast completely, I double check everything before walking out the house, putting in my earphones before taking the ten minute trek to my new Hell.

I'm here, I'm mentally preparing myself to not freak out in front of the head, as I wait outside of the door. The door appears old, with a fairly new tile engraved with 'Head Teacher - Mr S Holmes'. I prepare myself for two minutes before knocking with my fist three times before hearing a cheerful "Come in!" from what I am presuming is the booming voice of Mr Holmes.

I push the metal handle to be greeted instantly by a brown curly haired man, now known as my new head teacher.

"Hello, I'm Mr Holmes, your new head teacher and I presume you are," He drags out the last few words whilst looking on his documents for my name. "Daniel?"

"Yes Sir, that's me, but please, call me Dan." I smirk internally, my plans working perfectly, I'll be a asswipe to the teachers but a dick to the students. If I actually plan to remain in this school, I need to get on the good side of the head teacher, I can't afford to be kicked out.

"Okay Dan, here I have your timetable and Mr Watson here will guide you to your first lesson, Mathematics. You seem to be sharing the first few lessons with Mr Alfie Deyes, maybe you could ask him to guide you to your next period?" Mr Holmes talks very fast and it takes me a moment to analyse what he's actually saying.

"Yes Sir, thank you very much and I will try"

"Oh and Dan, please be careful with Mr Deyes, I just don't want you getting in trouble on your first day, okay?"

My response was just a simple, shy nod. I've done this enough times to know how to get in one's good books. Can this get any easier? The guy whose instructing me around the school is a dick with what sounds to be like a good reputation, I just need to get on his good side and join the school thugs and then my plan might actually work.

Mr Watson, a grey haired man with a limp walks me to the other side of the school to Maths, my first class, before nodding at the teacher and pushing me in slightly, before closing the door and walking back down the hallway.

"Ah you must be Danie-"

"Dan." I quickly blurt, if this Alfie boy is in my class, I need to look like a twat from the start so he doesn't think this is an act, which is exactly what it is, but no one can find out.

"Dan, sorry, please go sit next to Alfie at the back" She points her hand in Alfie's direction, who is sat at the back, alone. My response is yet another nod.

I make my way to the seat next to alfie looking at the floor avoiding any judgemental stares which are thrown my way being as I'm the new kid.

"Sup gaylord." He rolls it off his tongue as if he has thousands of times before. He loudly whispers it with a nod.

"What?"

"I'm just kidding man calm it, anyway you like some posh kid or somethin'?" Ugh, joy. I'm not even posh, I'm articulate, why can't people understand that? Probably because, unlike him, I pronounce the letter 'T'.

"Erm no."

"Right. Anyway do you get any of this Maths crap?" Oh, I never really thought about this, do I play it dumb and say no? Is that what he is doing or does he simply not understand it?

"Not really."

"Right mate, whatever." Was he acting like an asshole because I said I didn't understand and he wanted me for good grades?

"Well, what I mean is I understand some, do you want me to assist you? " Now I just sound like an arse licker, great.

"Can't you do it for me? It's not like he's gonna find out." He points at the teacher, Mr Ryuzaki.

"Yeah whatever." I hope he's not gonna do this is every lesson we share, I just need to  be like this for the first few days.

Then he gets up and walks to the other side of the room to a girl with curly blonde dip-dyed hair.

Wow Dan, that's great, he's already left you.

The bell signals the end of the lesson and Alfie comes back to retrieve his bag, I was shocked when he asked me when my next lesson was, did he actually care? Or was it because the girl he was talking to earlier was glued to his side? Probably the latter.

"History with Mr Ackerman." The teachers names at this school are actually pretty cool, but I'll keep that to myself.

"Oh right? Same." Fun.

We move as a three out of the Math classroom together squeezing through the door when Alfie walks straight into someone and immediately shouts; "Move it Lester, watch where you're going you four eyed son of a bit-"

The girl who was once glued to his side lets go and finally speaks up.

"Alfie!" She exclaims, "Leave it, he's not worth it, he's just an emo kid, leave him."

"Anything for you Zo." Zo, maybe Zoe? Are these two together? Probably by the fact as I'm thinking this he gives her a peck on the cheek.

I decide to speak up again. "Who was he anyway? 'Lester' or whatever his name was."

Alfie, who is still sending death glares at him says; "Lester, or Philip, just listen okay? Don't interact with him okay? He's an emo and a fag and you don't want to even look at him or his friend Chris and Beej or whatever his name is, Okay? Just stay away from him."

I nod. Okay I just need to avoid this school's outcasts, what could go wrong?