Chapter Sixteen

As it was now Monday and after texting for hours since Phil went home yesterday, we had planned that I would hang around with him today, ignoring everyone's comments, then go to his house.

It was going to be a long day until I could see Phil to my extent without getting shit for it.

Phil agreed that I could still walk with him, so I grabbed my bag, said 'goodbye' to my Mum, and left my house.

"Hello," I said when I reached Phil's house. I was rather shocked when he engulfed me when I knocked on the door. It must be because no one that could torment us lives in the area.

He looked up at me and smiled, "hey."

We walked the rest of the way to school in brief conversation, not really talking about much but then lessons we faced with and the activities we had planned for when we got home.

We reached the corner of the school gates before stopping. I knew this was a cue for a lecture from Phil about what I can and can't do, clarifying carefully.

"Okay, as much as I want to hold your hand and hug you, we just can't. Not yet anyway."

"I know, don't worry."

His response was a simple nod. The plan was just to follow Phil as soon as we got into school so he would then properly introduce me to Chris and PJ.

"Phil," I mumbled, making sure that no one in the vicinity could here what I'm saying. "I-I think I like you, a lot." I tried to use the right words after the conversation we had previously encountered.

"I think I like you a lot too."

It was a fifteen minute wait for Chris and PJ to arrive, and I was so worried that they would reject me.

They had every reason to. I was a dick and they don't deserve that.

How do people do this on a daily basis. Ruin people's lives - make them want to end it all. Society is fucked up, it allows people to think that they can treat people like shit when they can't. No one deserves it, especially Phil, Chris and PJ.

Finally, Chris and PJ were about twenty metres in front of us, and I could feel their judgement.

"Right. No. Why is he here?" Chris said, almost immediately.

"Dan is no longer hanging around with Alfie," Phil defended. "He is also not going to hurt us or anything. He's on his final chance."

"N-no Phil, you don't need this, or, or him for that matter," PJ now butted in, "piss off Howell."

To say that I was shocked was an understatement. I knew they wouldn't approve, but I didn't expect them to react like this!

"No." Phil said firmly, "he's fine, don't worry."

"But Phil!" Chris intervened, "how can you trust him after all the shit that he put us, you, through! You can't gain trust over someone that did that to you so quickly!"

"Who said I trusted him?"

The other two boys just looked at Phil as if he was insane.