Chapter Thirty One

Christmas Eve. At long last.

Whether people celebrate Christmas or not, it always tends to be a good time just for chilling, and we decided that Phil's parents and himself would come round here (because out house is larger, therefore easier) exchange gifts and eat food. Then, as Christmas Day finishes, they'll all sleep here.

To say that Phil and I were t excited, would be an understatement. We were both very excited for Christmas in general but knowing we'd be able to spend it together, made things better.

Dad was now out of the picture, which I was both sad and happy about. I was happy because Mum was happy, but sad because I'd probably ever see my Dad again. The divorce had gone through now and there was no going back.

Mum was thankfully getting better, she wasn't drinking as much but always carried around a flask to forget his infidelity.

And then there's Phil. Still always by my side and always caring. I wanted this Christmas to be special for him, so I'd arranged with Mum to take him to a fancy place for dinner and then afterwards I'd booked us tickets to see Muse live and so he could meet the band members. Just so he'd have something to open, I got him a t-shirt with jelly fishes on and some chocolate.

We'd set up the Christmas tree the day Dad's things had been returned so we hadn't needed to do any last minute preparations.

Phil was going to sleep round mine and then his parents were going to come early hours of Christmas morning, Phil told me that he didn't really have any other family members to visit.

It was around four o'clock. I was waiting patiently with my Mum downstairs for Phil to arrive. It was really good how well Mum got on with Phil, even though he wasn't biological family, she still treated him like he was and cared for us both in the same way.

At quarter past four, there was a knock at the door. Mum and I both looked at each other and instantly smiled, rushing to the door and opening it to be greeted with a very smiley Phil.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, giving me a quick hug and a peck on the cheek.

"Hello Phil!" Mum exclaimed cheerfully and squished Phil.

"Do you want to watch a film?" Mum asked once Phil has sorted his stuff out upstairs.

"Okay, maybe something like A Christmas Carol to boost the festivity?" Phil suggested.

"Okay." I agreed and put the DVD in the slot.

Mum, Phil and I all sat on the largest couch and snuggles up, me in the middle and the other sides had Phil and Mum.

"Okay, as we have a fancy dinner tomorrow, we've only got oven pizza today." Mum explained.

"Mum that's great, thank you." I said sincerely.

-

After dinner we got into a pyjamas and separated to our rooms because it was ten o'clock. We had a tradition in our house to go to bed earlier than usual on Christmas Eve.

While Phil was getting changed, Mum quickly pulled me aside.

"Okay, do you want to sort Phil's presents out?" She whispered, grabbing hold of my arm.