Chapter Eleven

With all the panic Phil and I have had with this Art project, we forgot all about our speaking Jekyll and Hyde English project due in for the week after half term. This was in four weeks.

I had been at this school for about five weeks now, and I know what I'm doing is part way right. Even though I am sort of trying to form a friendship with Phil, Chris and PJ when that's not something the popular people would want me to do, I know that this school has already been a massive improvement to what happened in my old school.

My old school began good, I was fine with pretty much everyone, but you can't please everyone, but it's year nine that things began to go very down hill.

Don't trust people that tell you other people's secrets.

I used to have a best friend called Shane Dawson. We were very close and told each other everything. Shane and I had known each other's before coming to secondary with just him from primary, and the whole bullshit 'scientific proof' that 'if you had a friendship with someone that lasted over seven years then it is bound to last a life time'. That didn't happen with Shane.

"Shane, I need to tell you something," fourteen year old Dan battled his nerves to tell his best friend something that he didn't know how to articulate into proper words.

"Sure, go on Danny," 'Danny' was Dan's personal nickname for Shane ever since they were seven when they were pretending to act like little children to their parents at a Christmas dinner at the Dawson's, "you know never leave you, right?"

"Yeah," Dan thought aloud.

There was a brief science between the two, Dan pondering how to put things forward and tell Shane, and Shane mentally laughing at the fact that he knew what Dan was going to say, and how fun the torture for Dan was going to be from Shane and his 'actual friends', the year eleven bad boys.

"Okay, I might as well just spit this out anyway, right?" Dan said, trying to bring a slight sense of humour into the conversation, "Shane, I-I think I'm gay, bisexual at the least." Dan bravely admitted.

The only thing to be heard next was Dan's coherent deep breathing to be shortly followed my Shane's maniacal laughter. Dan removed his glance from the floor up to Shane, to find a recorder in his hand.

"You think I would still want to be friends with a faggot?" Shane said through pauses of laughter, "no wonder at that sleepover last month you touched my leg, inappropriately at that."

They both new that this was bullshit. Dan was asleep and accidentally hit Shane whilst sleeping, making Shane wake from his light slumber. At the time they found it funny, but Shane thought it was too funny not to tell anyone so he told his 'new ground of friends'.

Shane had felt guilty about the betrayal of his dearest, but he knew he also swung that way and he knew the punishments for committing sucks 'sins'.

"Shane? Y-y-you recorded that," he stuttered, "all of that?"

"Yeah of course I did, Howell," his tone laced with venom, "and don't think that I won't show it to anyone."

He then used his two fingers, put them in his mouth and whistled loudly, summoning the year elevens Shane now hung around with. He gave the phone to Catherine Valdes, his current girlfriend, and aloud them to laugh at the phone.

"Aha, so it's true, Danny here's a gay boy," Cat laughed whilst handing the phone back over.

"Yeah, babe, he is, isn't that right, Danny? Why don't you go fuck that tree, because that's the only bit of wood you'll ever get!" He shouted, causing the new bystanders to laugh.