Chapter Three

The rest of the day was incredibly uneventful. To be honest, I was unconvinced that they we were going to once again pounce onto the trio, but after PJ shouted 'Teacher!', the conflicts between the two groups died down today. My first day was actually okay, I was accepted for the first time in years. Even though I was told by the head teacher to keep my distance from Alfie, I'm not going to. He can really help me with my popularity.

When I got home however, I was interrogated by my parents about school, which I kind of expected being as it was my first day. Normally, in my old schools, I was never asked, it's like they never cared because when I would return some days with bruises, my Dad used to think it was love bites.

Not even my parents know why I'm not accepted, they don't know my secret. As a family as a whole, we're quite distance so with this slight conversation which naturally sparked, it got me wondering.

After walking through my front door and being asked three questions about my day, I kicked off my shoes, wandered down the corridor, passing my younger brother Adam's room, and hiding from the world under my covers, not even bothering to get changed.

Adam and I got on most of the time, but his problem is he's naturally an ass. He's out partying pretty much every weekend, hooking up with any sluts he can find. I think his personality has really helped me turn into the twat I'm pretending to be because when we aren't getting along nicely, he's a prick.

Recently however, we have been getting on together really well. I think the main reason this is because I let him sneak out when he was grounded as he came in home really late on a Saturday completely pissed. My parents don't even ground me because it's literally not worth it, I don't leave the house anyway.

Mum calls us down for dinner, of course I left my room first, made it half way down the stairs before deciding it would be a nice thing to do to get Adam before he got into deeper shit with our parents.

Of course, Adam being Adam, he moans and tells me to 'piss off' and that he is coming, so I run down the stairs to avoid him at all costs.

Dinner was awkward, Dad came in slightly later than the usual, saying he had 'important business related things to manage'.

My Mum and Dad have their own business, managing well but are constantly stressed, I try to help them, offering my intelligence to them but never succeeding and being told to 'shut up'. My Dad never means those things to me, it's just when he's stressed.

I was once again asked the quintessential things about my day and my new school, Adam laughed when I said that I actually made friends, he was shouted at and simply left his dinner, rang someone, probably one of his slutty girlfriends and left the house.

I finished my dinner, helped my parents out for a while before disappearing into the dark abyss which I called my bedroom before going on my laptop doing nothing substantial.

MINOR TRIGGER WARNING

I was extremely exhausted from today's events, so I decided an early night would be for the best. I got changed, went into the bathroom brushed my teeth before my eyes glanced down to a shining silver object lying carelessly across the shelf. Who left it there? I once again picked up the weapon and left it in the bathroom, but I'm pretty sure it has moved? I'm tempted, but I can't. I was once teased about it as a 'weakness'. I can't let anyone at this school find out about this. I chose to move it after wiping off an residue so people wouldn't  be suspicious and put it back in the container.

END OF TRIGGER WARNING

I climbed into bed, putting my laptop on my lap on top of the covers, and putting on some music, this always allowed slumber to take me easily and really calmed me down.