Chapter Twelve

As Phil and I had planned yesterday, we were going to meet again and do our homework. We did exactly what we did yesterday and waited until his oppressors left before coming to find me once again in the Maths block toilets. Instead of walking back in complete silence, we actually had a conversation today.

"So Dan," Phil began, "how are you finding this school? I mean you've been here awhile now."

Even though I've broken the mental promise of being friends with Phil, that's something I vowed myself never to tell.

What my previous school was like.

I shuddered at the memories before answering, "yeah, it's good thanks."

"Why did you move here?"

"I, er-" this is the first time that I have been asked that question since I moved here. Honestly, I thought I had avoided it but I haven't really spoken to anyone who genuinely gave two shits about me so that's probably why.

"Just, you know, the usual, my Dad, he-he got a promotion."

"Oh, right, okay then."

We walked in one of the first awkward silences Phil and I have had back home after the slight predicament that had just occurred. Well, that 'silence' lasted for about a minute because our worse nightmares at this point in time was stood right in front of us.

"Dan?" Marcus shouted, causing everyone else in his posse to look in my direction.

"Oi! Dan! Come over here!" Troye waved at me.

"Come on Phil, we need to go. Now."

I took Phil's hand and quickly sprinted back home. I'm pretty sure that both of us were convinced that we wouldn't see them but the parks the easiest way and that's where the whole 'get high' incident happened last time.

I should've known better.

By the time that we reached my house, we were both out of breath and giggling.

"Holy shit I'm unfit." I stated, causing Phil to laugh even more.

"You're also a poet and you didn't know it." He held his stomach as he laughed, still out of breath from running.

"You dork, c'mon,"

I opened the front door to find a empty house, we took our shoes off and walked upstairs, me apologising for the state of my room on the way.

"Why where you apologising? Your rooms great!" He exclaimed. I forgot that we share similar interests, and he was obviously impressed my various bands, movies and anime related things that were found draping loosely off my wall.

He walked over to a giant Muse one, "especially this one."

He wandered over to a black poster with the distinctive white logo at the top and at the bottom, Matt, Dom and Chris in grey, fading into white in an ombre style.

"Yeah. Muse is a great band." I simply stated the obvious. The way Matt Bellamy could reach those notes after years of being opera trained never failed to blow my mind.

"Do you wanna drink?" I continued as our breathing finally regulated, Phil nodded in response.

"I mean there's Coke and stuff, but we could have a beer because, y'kn-"

"Go on then, I'll have a beer, thanks, but just one because I'm not risking the hangover." To say I was shocked when he agreed would be an understatement, I thought he would completely dismiss the concept. Guess you never can judge a book by its cover.

I proceeded in telling Phil to wait in my room as I grabbed two cans of cold beer fresh from the fridge before darting back up the stairs.

"Here you go," he opened it and took a gulp then thanked me for the refreshment.

I nodded, "we already know what we're gonna do for this project right? Let's just summarise it and write the notes down, yeah?"

"Yeah, hopefully it shouldn't take too long."

-

About an hour and a half and two cans of beer (the 'one can only rule' had gone out the window due to boredom) later, we had finished summarising our live debate and we just mindlessly talking.

We were in strange positions for two tall teenage boys, lying on my bed, squashed up, yet it was comfortable.

"You know Dan," Phil slurred, "I've never noticed how pink you're lips actually are,"

"Why you looking," I poured playfully, teasing, I said "you want some."

"Well I wouldn't mind," Phil smiled, before reaching up and kissing my lips.

One thing I've noticed is when Phil is drunk, he tends to act like a fuck boy and a bit horny. I guess that I'm the same as both of our lips were passionately dancing.

He pushed his body onto mine further as he began dictating the actions. He was on top, straddling me whilst winding his fingers through my hair, causing me to whimper a soft moan. He smiled into the kiss as our tongues danced passionately.

His hands reached the hem of my shirt, pu-

I was intrigued to find out where this was going until I heard a cough at my door, to find Adam.

"Guess you know my brothers gay now then, you faggots." He was stood at the door with a phone in his hand.

Shit. I'm pretty sure that he'll send everyone that photo.

He left and Phil spoke up, braking the awkward silence.

"Dan, you're g-gay?"