Chapter Twenty Four

For the next week it was the most mundane week I've ever endured. Even though everyday I briefly saw Phil and texted him through each day, the days seemed as if they were never going to end.

Finally it was Friday. I was sleeping round Phil's tonight just to chill and apparently Chris and PJ are coming over but not sleeping. I spoke to my Mum about the situation and she said that she would like to thank my friends and I order in a pizza for them.

We decided on a plan - I would turn up later than planned to Phil's, but not inform him that I was going to be late, this way Chris and PJ would already be there.

I texted Phil all day when he was at school and every day at lunch he'd ring me to check up on me. Which was quite sweet when I thought about it.

My Mum had rang Phil's and told her that I was going to pop round after going to the shop and buying him chocolate and some flowers simply just to show my gratitude on how kind and considerate he's been towards me this week.

My Mum dropped me off because the shop was a little walk away and I went inside and bought what I needed and some ribbon to make it look better.

"Got every thing?" My Mum asked me, double checking before we left so we wouldn't have to come back.

"Yes thanks,"

We went back home and I quickly put the ribbon on the chocolate and the small assortment of flowers and took the small walk to Phil's house. Before I left I remember that Phil said that he liked my Muse poster with the colour which lightened at their faces. This would make Phil that little bit happier.

I knocked on the door and was instantly greeted with Phil's Mum who engulfed me in a hug.

"Dan, darling, how are you?" She said and politely, lightly kissing my face.

"I'm okay thank you, what about you Cat?"

"I'm good thank you, come in from the cold."

I took my shoes off near the door and went up stairs to put the poster, chocolate and flowers neatly on his bed.

Whilst I was halfway walking up the stairs, I remembered that I was going to need to put the flowers in a bass and when back down to ask Phil's Mum for something to store the flowers in.

"Cat?" I called until I found her in her lounge reading a book.

"Yes, dear?"

"Would you happen to have a vase or something I could put Phil's flowers in please?"

"Yeah, of course, follow me."

I followed Cat into the kitchen and she opened the cupboard underneath the microwave to find exactly what we were  looking for.

"Just go to the bathroom upstairs to fill it up when you're ready,"

"Thank you,"

As soon as I got upstairs I filled up the vase, put the flowers in and put them by the window. Then I rapped the chocolates with the ribbon, securing it with a bow and put them on the bed with the poster.

On my way out, I saw some paper and a pen and thought Phil might enjoy reading a little note.

Phil,

I'm very grateful for everything that you've done to help me and generally every single thing that you've done. I really appreciate it and sorry for being such a shitty boyfriend. I love you so much and can't wait to see you later.

Dan :) x

After that, I said a quick 'thank you and goodbye' to Cat then left back home.