Chapter Thirteen

When I first came to this school, my only intention was to not let people know that I'm I'm bisexual. But, seeing as I could've passed this as a 'drunken mistake' if it wasn't for my dickhead brother that came into my room, without asking, and spilled the secret.

Fucking hell.

I mean, trying to be a little more optimistic, I'm glad that it wasn't someone I hang around with and have kept up my failing reputation as it would probably have gone and dug its way down to Australia by now. Which would be completely pointless.

As Adam is currently laughing in my face, Phil's jaw is opened wide and my breathing is not regulating, I'm better off just explaining this to Phil now.

Without second thought, I decide to play it cool. That's what I'd do if anyone else was around.

"I'm not?" I lied, yet was partly true, "he- he latched onto me!"

This could end badly like it did at the party, meaning I'd loose the small amount of friendship I had actually sustained with Phil. Hopefully, he's too drunk to remember.

"Yeah, right whatever." Adam rolled his eyes, "I just came in to tell you Mum and Dad are going out tonight so we can order something. Well you can, I'm going to meet Grace."

"Grace?"

"My girlfriend." He said, saying as if it was the most of obvious thing in the world.

"Whatever, bye then Adam."

He didn't even reply, he just pushed my door shut which was followed by the sound of the keys being swung in the front door symbolising he had left the house.

I looked up from my gaze to the floor to look at Phil. He was lying on my bed, head against the wall, with a once full bottle of beer in his right hand.

At least he would hopefully forget what had just happened.

I decided to be a 'good friend' and help Phil out a bit. I removed the bottle from his hand and walked downstairs to put it in the recycling before going back upstairs. I moved him from his omce foetal position and put his Raven hair across the pillow, straightening out his body.

I decided against tucking him in in case he jumped out fast from shock about that he was basically tucked in a stranger's bed.

That would not give him the best impression of me.

As my bed was relatively large, I squeezed down next to him. Phil really is beautiful.

Without being creepy, I took this few seconds of freedom to admire him whilst he was oblivious. If he was awake he would probably think I was abnormal.

But it's a good thing to be strange, normal was leads to sadness.

Was that why I liked Phil's company? He wasn't the usual teenager, he was more childish and abstract. He amused me by the concept of being able to escape the world in creative ways. He was happy, even though he wasn't the most liked. Phil always saw the happier things in life.

With a better reputation, Phil is generally what I aspire to be.

The way his abnormally white skin contrasted with his omnipotent hair really fascinated me. His fringe was gently over his eyes, so I moved it. I thought that this was a good idea, a kind gesture, but no. Phil began to stir.

"Mhm, Dan." He murmured self consciously in his sleep before grabbing my sides and pulling me in even closer.

He laid his head across my chest, I could feel him breathing.

The bad thing is, I could actually see myself in a relationship with Phil, kissing his plump lips like we have previously done, but then I decided it against it.

I can't go out with Phil, he's what people call an outcast, and that its something I definatly don't want to become, again.

It was these constant thoughts that plagued my mind daily, some consisted of nice, happy things, while some contradicted that. I felt my eyelids begin to get heavy as Phil's rhythmic breathing sounded me to my slumber.

-

When I woke up, I had that mini heart attack feeling of thinking that's it's school and not having anytime to get ready. Thankfully, it was Friday yesterday, and Phil was still asleep in the same position.

I didn't want to freak him out when he woke up, do I just decided it would be better to get out of bed.

I knocked on my parents door, gaining no response, so I went in to see whether they had come home or were just downstairs at it was eleven am.

They weren't there so I walked over to their window, to see that their car wasn't in its usual spot either.

Strange.

I went downstairs and into the kitchen to see a note:

Dear Dan and 'friend',

I know Adam's gone out but I had to leave early this morning, sorry.

By the way, you and your 'friend' looked cute this morning, all cuddled up together. I shoot it or whatever say, I need to find out the other boys name so I can think of a shoot for you guys. (I say 'friends' because you'll deny it).

I left some money for you to get some snacks or something (get Nutella, when I'm home, we're having pancakes).

Love, Mum xx

It's going to be a bitch explaining mine and Phil's position this morning. And 'shoot' what the fuck?

That's why I love my Mum.

The problem now is that Mum will probably want to meet Phil, properly too, and that means a full on conversation with tea. Fun.

The thing is, I really love my Mum. She tries to understand me when no one else can and even though she doesn't fully understand, she always gives the best advice.

I boil the kettle and put the coffee granules into a mug the pour just the right amount of milk in.

The agonisingly slow two minutes that it takes the kettle to boil are over and I put the teaspoon of sugar in, stirred it, then carried it back to my room.

When I walked in, Phil was once again stirring, so I presume he's just gradually waking up.

As I drink my coffee, a sudden "Dan?" Is to be heard by a confused Phil on the other side of the room.

"You-you fell asleep last night when doing the project, so I just left you here." I chose to leave the alcohol consumption out.

"Ugh," he moaned, "my head. I've got a migraine, and the pain is ranging from up down and sideways."

"Do you want some paracetamol?" I comforted.

"Please."

I went downstairs and got two tables and some water. He must've been really drunk last night then and thankfully, I escaped the pain of a hangover this time.

I took it back up to my room and put it on the table next to him.

"Wait, crap, what's the time please,"

"Half eleven."

"I guess I better go then." Secretly, I was hoping he didn't have to go yet, time with Phil can actually be okay and interesting.

"Okay, see you around."

"Bye?" His tone was questioning.

"Bye."

"Maybe bye will be our always." He chuckled.

"Shit! Too soon!"

"Oh god yeah I just realise what I'd just said."

"Bye you dork."

He put his hand up and shut the door. Leaving me alone to be consumed by my thoughts.