Chapter Seventeen

The first two lessons - Drama and Geography - was incredibly boring. I couldn't help but feel extremely paranoid about my neck because Marcus was sat right behind me.

Thankfully, after those lessons, I was sat at the back of the class and I just had to make sure that no one really looked at me. I'm sure it's fine, just my paranoia setting in.

Once the day had finished, we hadn't actually intended to meet up with Phil, Chris or PJ, but I probably would anyway. For some reason, Alfie and company has left us alone since I've been closer to them, but it should be okay to walk home without them hurting any of us. Right?

Anyway, in last lesson, Geography, I was sat next to Chris in the seating plan so instead of actually doing the work that we were set, we just talked.

"Chris, if you don't mind me asking, are you and PJ, well, you know-"

"Dating? What's it to you?"

The problem is understandable, if I was in Chris' shoes, I would probably hate whoever did what I did to them.

"Okay, Chris we need to work this out," I tried to rationalise, "if I'm going to hang around with you, we need to come to some kind of civilisation, okay?"

"I guess you're right Dan, I just don't want you to hurt Phil again, I just don't know whether I can trust you or not."

"I know, I fucked up and I admit it, I'm sorry, okay?"

"Chris, Dan stop talking now please or I'll have to swap the seating plan around." The teacher intervened the conversation.

"Sorry," we both said, in strange unison.

Before speaking again, we waited until the teacher had finished explaining the task so we could at least work and talk.

"Anyway," I tried to make conversation again, "I'm really sorry, and I've changed, I promise."

"Dan, no one can change that fast," he looked sincere, "not properly anyway."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I mumbled sadly.

"But," Chris continued, "I still believe you, I believe that you can change, but change takes time."

"Okay, thanks Chris."

-

The day at school had finally finished. As per usual, I waited by the gate as I walked with Phil, Chris and Peej because our houses were in the same direction. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long until someone showed up, and it was Phil and PJ.

"Hey," I said as they walked closer.

"Hello, where's Chris? We're together since we just had Business Studies together."

"I know we both had Drama but I don't know where he was because we have different teachers. I just came from the Drama studio."

We waited for another two or three minutes before Chris finally turned up, looking exhausted.

"Yeah, hi, sorry, Mr Grey kept up behind." He said through pants.

"Don't apologise," I smiled as he finally got his breath back, "anyway, I still find his name hilarious, we should watch that film."

"Oh my god, imagine us watching that film, Fifty Shades of Grey with Chris though, we wouldn't be able to hear the bloody film because he'd just make constant innuendos."

"That's very true," Phil stated, "though, I don't thing I would necessarily want to see some people's kind of kinks. On camera too."

"Yeah, Phil's probably too innocent," Chris butted in.

"Hey!" Phil proclaimed in his defence. "I'm not eight! I'm basically an adult."

"Yeah, an 'adult' you act like ten." Chris once again intervened.

"Ten out of ten." Phil retaliated sassily before winking.

"Alright let's quit with the domestics and walk."

I just kind of got a satisfied 'mmph' from everyone as we started walking home.

The final bell had only gone about five to eight minutes ago, so we just presumed that everyone had gone home or dispersed from school grounds. Oh how wrong we were.

Near school, there's this little road that people who get in daily buses get off at, and as we lived through the the park, then we have to cross that bus bay. I guess we didn't wait long enough because soon we were face to face with Alfie, Marcus, Troye and Tyler.

"Oh, hey faggots." Alfie treated with venom.

"Fuck off," I shouted to them in defence.

I motioned for the four of us to keep walking and simply ignore them, so, begrudgingly the others followed, leaving the four boys standing.

"Shit," I heard Tyler shout from behind, closely followed by footsteps, "it was right what Joe and Felix said, Howell has got a hickey." We all froze and Phil turned around, petrified, "and by the guilty look on Lester's face, I presume it was him."

It felt as if everyone was laughing and me. Fuck.

"Run, now! B-back to my house!" I declared, making a run for it.

Five minutes of running, we were at my front door and greeted with Adam, my brother.

Adam opened the door, looked down on us and smirked, "hello, Danny boy, what can I do for you?" He said maliciously.

"Please Adam, let us in."

"Mmmm, okay Dan, as long as you give me some food of something."

I looked into my bag and found a chocolate bar, gave it to him whilst the others stood close awkwardly behind me. He took the chocolate bar and left, letting us in.

We took our shoes off and went upstairs.

"So, since we have literally nothing to do, why don't we have a little bit of a Netflix and chill session," I said before winking.

"You're disgusting, you know that, right?"

"Yes." I said, grinning, "what do you wanna watch?"

"I don't mind," they all said in strange unison.

"Looks like it's Fifty Shades of Grey then."

A/N you look really nice today, that shirt really suits you, where's it from?