Chapter Two

History was painfully slow, Alfie and I were once again perched towards the rear end of the classroom and 'Lester' was no where in sight.

I couldn't help but think that I used to be like him once, bullied and excluded from the larger relations of the school, but I actually gave people reasons to ambush me. I was that boy that other boys would avoid because once again it was another reason why society wouldn't accept me. I'm bisexual. I would go with the answer of 'I've always known' but to be truthful, I only found out 3 years ago after the self realisation of staring at other boys that were getting changed and after a few months of doing so, I got caught and teased. I mean there are exceptions and girls are attractive but in general, my preference goes towards boys.

That is one of the main reasons I have and maybe never will be accepted.

Anyway, History finished and Alfie and I had double Art, for some reason, I was actually looking forward to this lesson purely because I can be myself in this lesson and it feels good. All I have to do is pass it off as inspiration because the more creative people can get inspiration from literally everything.

If I am being brutally honest, I would not of expected Alfie to of chosen Art for his options to continue studying, he didn't come across as the artistic type, but you can never judge a book by its cover.

This was my first break at this school and I wasn't sure whether to follow Alfie into certain oblivion on where I was going, but I needed and good reputation to be liked and staying with him was my best chance. He knew where he stood in this school, girls flirting even if it was apparent that he was in a relationship with Zoe.

At break for the first ten minutes it was slightly awkward being as I had to introduce myself to Alfie's group but it seems like they all thought I wasn't a nerd or true emo like I really am. There was about ten other boys, Jim, Marcus, Joe and Alfie himself being the only people I actually made decent conversation with purely because they were Alfie's closest relations after Zoe herself, who was also in that ten, that Alfie would talk to.

Within the next five minutes, I met the rest of the group and what I presume is Zoe's best friend,  by the fact that they were constantly calling each other 'Chummy', and thankfully they all seemed okay with me.

But after that, things actually became eventful.

Six members of the group, excluding Zoe, Zoe's 'Chummy', Joe and Felix, seemed to have a rather large predicament with 'Lester' and his two nerd friends, Chris and PJ I think their names where.

The five boys, Jim, Marcus, Caspar, Tyler and Troye, tormentfully walked up to the trio and called them the rather stereotypical asshole names like 'emo', 'nerd', dickhead', 'fag' and other names of the sort and bashfully taking it in turns to push the three of them. The brown haired curly one, either PJ or Chris took off rather rapidly, leaving the slightly straighter haired brunette and Philip to remain petrified of the other six. The other four, were left to chatter away from the conflict which I presume was about to happen with me, looking like the dick I was, awkwardly standing in the middle of these two groups looking like the outcast I used to be.

Alfie then called me over. Shit.

I reluctantly walked over and when I reached my destination, Alfie pulled me over my fore arm, which slightly sting but I chose to keep that a secret because I knew what these two boys were about to receive would be a whole new level of pain, and patted me on the left shoulder where he was stood next to.

"Right lads," Alfie cracked his next and fingers, "I think it's about time we give these twats a lesson, what do you think?"

The other boys nod, some reluctantly, some without a second thought, as some mutter a slight "Yeah." In mine and Alfie's direction.