Chapter Twenty One

(Pilots)

A/N the italics symbolise the things that are happening whilst Dan is not conscious

"It's okay dear, it's okay." Dan's Mum lovingly comforts Phil after his best friend had been wheeled off into life saving surgery.

Dan could die at any given minute, and the thought that Phil never told him the one thing he had to before he died or left, and this would plague Phil's mind until the day he passed.

After Dan and Phil had began to get along, Phil actually realised Dan's true personality and how beautiful he is.

Phil had decided he had a crush on Dan. And he needed to tell him before it was too late.

"I need to go see him, now," Phil tried to stay calm whilst he spoke, but the rage towards himself sept through.

"He won't be too long, don't worry."

"No! Y-you don't understand, I need to speak to your son now, please?"

"It's not my decision, you'll have to go find someone who can give you consent. You've got my approval, you just need to see someone who knows what they're going on about."

Phil ran, not really caring whether he bumped into someone on the way. He needed to go and tell Dan.

"Hello?" Phil said to someone dressed in yet another green and white outfit but his time trousers where visible, "do you know anything about Dan, Daniel Howell?"

"Yes I indeed do, who's asking?" The man spoke with dullness and plain unease.

"I-I'm Philip Lester, Dan's best friend and I would like to know whether it is possible when I can go and see him, I really need to tell him something."

"Well in that case, my name is Doctor Urie, and I am in control over Daniel Howell health and well-being whilst he is in hospital. I instigate every move that happens to your friend and I would like to inform you that he is in the best hands."

"Thank you for looking after Dan so well, thank you so much." Phil said through gratitude even though he hadn't exactly answered Phil's question. "When is the next possible time that I can see Dan please?"

His operation shall be finished in about an hour, but that doesn't mean that you can go and see him. You shall have to consult a nurse or doctor operating on him once it has been complete. Daniel is in the same room as he was previously, you may go and wait outside."

"Thank you." Phil said before darting off to go wait outside Dan's hospital room after informing Dan's Mum everything that Doctor Urie had just told him.

Once he got there, Phil knew that he wouldn't be able to do anything for at least forty five minutes.

Phil just walked outside the operating theatre, thinking about how to phrase things to Dan. What ever he says must be well thought out and considered, he must know how much Phil adores him.

An hour and a half later, Phil and Dan's Mum had began to give up hope. The Doctor must've been wrong about the times and this ever so slightly infuriated Phil. He wanted to see Dan, but he couldn't, not just yet.

Phil kept dosing into a subliminal mindsets; his eye lids wouldn't stay open and they felt heavier than the weight on his shoulders.

Eventually, a nurse with glasses came out of the theatre where Dan had been operated in, "Dan Howell can have visitors now, but not for too long," she said, waking Phil up straight away.