Chapter Thirty

When we woke up today, we all had very minor headaches and just spent the whole day playing video games.

The plan was, to spend the night at Chris' and then go to mine, sleep there and see my Mum because God knows how she is right now, and then the next day is Monday when Dad's supposed to be getting his things.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing my Dad again, after being infidelity to my Mother and lying to me, the way I retaliated to his bullshit probably wasn't in the best way it could've been. Anyway, he deserves what he got, and I don't regret it, how dare someone who promised his hand in marriage be so unfaithful to someone, especially my Mum.

We all got a bit fed up of Crash Bandicoot, so we decided it would save a lot of time tomorrow if we went to mine earlier today and but Dad's things in boxes, that way I'd get my room back and everyone could sleep in there.

When we got to my house at around four, Mum was sat on the couch with a book, glass or red wine and the television playing to itself quietly in the background.

She looked down with a blank expression, mouth slightly apart and small locks of hair fell down and castes over her face.

"Hi Mum, you okay?" I asked, and she slowly turned her head in my direction.

"Yes." She replied, and went back to staring down into the nothingness yet again.

"Okay, good. We're gonna put Dad's things into boxes now okay, so you can sleep in your bed again tonight." Mum replied with a basic nod.

I silently shut the door and told Phil, Chris and PJ to go upstairs. They followed me up, we grabbed the boxes and went into her room.

It was exactly the same the day my Dad was discovered, the condom wrapper on the floor, the bed sheets in heaps - the white sheets destroyed by the harsh crimson of betrayal and unfaithfulness. It made me shudder, knowing what poor acts on humanity had occurred in this room, the way Mum would even consider being metres away from the scene. It disgusts me.

After standing there analysing the room, Phil dragged me out of my gaze. "Babe, do you want to get this out the way?"

I sighed, "yeah, we better start."

"Do you want us three to do it, I know that this is hard for you, and I understand why." Phil asked, he wrapped his arms round and hugged me comfortingly.

"N-no, it's okay thank you. I just want it out the way at this point, but thank you." I replied and gave him a quick kiss.

"Let's start."

-

"Who knew that my Dad owned so much shit?" I said after four hours of wafting through heaps of clothing and other miscellaneous crap my Dad had hoarded over the past through years. There were magnets, photos and things alike. Things that mean nothing to me, but a lot to him.

After four and a half long treacherous hours we had completed and now we're faced with eight large cardboard boxes. Temporarily, they'd be stored in the attic so they were out of sight for Mum, I also changed her sheets and informed her on what had happened.

She thanked us and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, before going upstairs and shower after what had appeared days.

As a reward, I decided that we deserved a take away so I rang up the curry place and ordered what everyone wanted. There wasn't much in the television therefore we watched a film called 'Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire' after having the debate and deciding that it was the best one.

We didn't play the movie until food arrived so we wouldn't be disturbed, so instead we just sat in our phones for twenty minutes and dug in.

-

At nine o'clock, the alarm went off for the day of moving all of my Dad's things out. We didn't waste anytime. Phil, PJ and I got out all the boxes from the attic and Chris carried them downstairs and put them just outside the front door.

Several boxes later, four sweaty boys and one empty house later,mi rang my Dad saying wherever he was he'd have to get in ass down the end of our street or someone's going to steal his things.

One by one, we took the large cardboard boxes and placed them in the green at the end of our street. Before we'd finished, Dad came and loaded them in a van carefully, making sure not to drop any.

Once he'd finished, he told me to step closer to him. This was someone that I didn't necessarily want to do. What he did revolted me, how he could be disgusting when half of who I am belongs to him.

Because I didn't know what to do, I hadn't realised that I had frozen on the spot until Phil began rubbing my back, murmuring things like, "go on Dan," and "it'll be okay."

He finally arrived. Everything happened so fast. The man I dare call my Father, Richard Howell, slammed the black car door and on the other side stepped out a women with a scrapped back blonde and far too much makeup on. The women my Dad cheated on my Mum with.

"Hello, Dan." He approached me and smiled.

My face automatically turned to disgust as I examined the both of them from head to foot.

"So this is the women you cheated on my Mother with, and you have the courage to bring her with you. Fuck off."

"Now, Dan, there's no need for that." He retaliated.

"Wait, you were married? And you never told me?" The blonde haired women spoke, suddenly taken aback.

"Yes." "Dad" said immediately.

Suddenly, Dad's "girlfriend" slapped him round the face, her own reddening with anger.

"How. Fucking. Dare. You? You said that you had just got a divorce!"

"Now, now, let me explai-"

"No! We're through!" She said and walked off.

"Dad, you deserve that, take your shit and never come near me again."

My Dad let out a single tear and loaded the boxes in the car. Before he left, he came over.

"I can appreciate your choices Dan, but before I leave, can I have one more hug? Then I'll be gone."

I turned around and looked at my friends for reassurance, they nodded.

I walked over to my Dad, his fresh, hot tears engulfed my shoulder as his body trembled and shook. He loudly exhaled, continuously sniffing.

"I love you Dan."

"I wish I could say the same, but you don't deserve it." I said and walked away, not daring to look back.

"Well done Dan, well done," Phil said and kissed me, Chris and PJ smiling over my shoulder. "Let's go home."

A/N HOLY SHIT WHEN DID THIS GET 5000+ READS, 266 VOTES AND 109 COMMENTS?!?! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH :)

(Cheeky self promo - I've also published a short story called "Rope" it's psychopathic!phan please go read thank you) I only write this when I'm tired or can't sleep so please don't request updates).