Chapter Twenty Seven

Get ready as this is extremely harrowing...

After the assembly, we had the usual lessons for the day - PE, Science, English, Business Studies and Drama.

As I'm in my "current situation" Phil and I luckily didn't have to do PE so we just sat on the side, talking about things that meant nothing to other people.

"Do you want to come to my house after school?" Phil asked me as he waited patiently for me to finish getting my phone out so that we were occupied for the next hour.

"Yeah, okay, thanks, but first I need to drop my stuff home." I said as I finished getting out my earphones and plugging them in the phone before handing one to Phil. "What do you want to listen to?"

"Panic! At The Disco? Or maybe My Chemical Romance? I'm not too fussed either way." Phil replied, adjusting the earphone.

I put on a random Panic! At The Disco song, which ended up being 'Build God Then We'll Talk'. About a third into the song Phil bursts out into conversation.

"Have you ever seen the music video for this song?"

"Yeah." I said, recollecting my memories of the video, shuddering as I do so. "It's really fucking weird."

"I know right! Like what goes through Brendon's head when he thinks of the music videos, like the same goes for 'Nine In The Afternoon', it's like he was on cannabis."

"Very true, but that's what I love about Panic! they're, just so incredibly mind confusing, abstract, and unpredictable with what they're going to do with their releases."

"I agree, I love seeing where other people's minds can drift to."

After that, I didn't reply with words, just a simple 'mmhm' sound, but of course, Phil knew exactly what I meant.

Four or so hours later I was in Business Studies, sat next to PJ. No one was really listening to what the teacher was saying as we'd studied social enterprises for about a month, constantly 'recapping knowledge' and the entire class was just completely done.

"Dan," PJ whispered under his breath whilst doodling in the margin on the page. "Are you a virgin?"

I literally spluttered, out all the questions I could've heard today, that was one that I certainly did not expect.

"What?" I responded, not deciding whether I'd heard it right.

"Well, y'know, are you a virgin?" He asked again, in the same casual tone.

"Why? Are you?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"What are you implying?"

"I-I, erm, well, I want to take my relationship with Chris a bit further and I being as I am in fact a virgin I have not a clue on what to do, you know? I want it to be special because I know that it's his first time too, so, well, I was just kind of asking for advice."

"Oh,"

"Yeah."

"Well to answer your question, I'm also a virgin." I responded.