Chapter 5 : A spark of excitement

A major part of this chapter consists of dialogues... Just thought that this might be the best way to bring out the essence of whats happening... But then this is merely my opinion... Oh well... Enjoy ;)

Akame let out a deep sigh... It's true that she wanted to find a place where she belonged...this might be it...but not at this time...

Weeding?

Check.

Taking dogs for a walk?

Check.

Babysitting hyperactive kids?

Check.

Sakura: Sakura, I'm at point C"

Naruto: Naruto, I'm at point A, believe it!

Kakashi: Naruto, you're too slow... Okay squad seven- Hm! The target has moved! Don't lose track of it! So what is your distance from the target?

Naruto: five meters, I'm ready...just give the signal.

Sasake: I'm ready too.

Sakura: So am I.

Akame: In position.

Kakashi: Okay...NOW!

They quickly dashed towards the target. The cat tried to run in the opposite direction but spotted Akame in the way. It hissed at her...She sent a death glare at it... Panicking, it ran quickly back the way it came...crashing into Naruto's arms. He quickly held it tight. The cat got agitated and started scratching any part of Naruto's flesh it could lay it's paws on.

Kakashi: Can you confirm the target's identity?

Sasuke: Affirmative. We got a positive Id.

Kakashi:Right. Lost pet Tora captured...mission accomplished.

Finally Akame glared at the stupid cat...not she was actually pissed off about the stupid missions they were doing.

Naruto: CAN'T WE GET A BETTER MISSION THAN THIS? I HATE CATS!

The cat looked like it was going to move...but then one 'look' from Akame made it huddle into Naruto's clothes, shivering... Finally they made it to the Hokage's office. The owner of the cat squeezed the cat onto her bosom... No wonder the cat hated it if someone hugged it... Poor kitty...

The Hokage brought out the list of missions on our task list... Helping the Councillor's wife with the shopping...

Naruto: NOOOO... I wanna go on a real mission! Something challenging and exciting...not this little kid stuff! Come on old man!

' He's got a point.' Sasuke thought.

'He's such a pain...' Sakura's inner self chimed.

' Hmmm... I knew this was coming.' Kakashi sighed.

Iruka: How dare you? You're just a brand new genin with no experience. Like everyone else you start with simple missions, develop your skills and prove yourself.

Naruto: Are you serious? Baby sitting is not a mission! Just a stupid- Gaaarh...

Kakashi kicked him to the ground and steeped on him.' You put a lid on it.' Sakura and Sasuke sweat dropped...

Hokage: Naruto! It seems you do not understand the tasks you have been given...

He went on to explain the ranking of the missions... D,C,B,A and S. He also reinforced Iruka's point. Experience. Naruto opened his mouth to

Akame: But how you expect these lame missions to build our experience? You could give us a better mission or...I could just challenge Iruka-sensei to a battle and gain that experience firsthand.

Akame lightly grasped Murasame and Iruka stepped back a little... The Hokage chuckled slightly... Perhaps he could give them an easy C rank mission and see how it goes... Kakashi would be with them so if things take a turn for the worse, he could step in and handle the task.

Hokage: Oh... Since you are all so motivated, let me give you a C rank mission. You'll be bodyguards on a journey.

Naruto:Who? Who? Who? Who are we guarding? A princess? A hotshot Councillor?

Hokage: Don't be so impatient... I will bring him in now.

A drunken old man entered the room. He looked completely antisocial...

Tazuna: What the-. A bunch of snot nosed kids? And you... The little one with the idiotic face. You want me to believe, you're a ninja?

Naruto rushed in to 'demolish' the client when he realized that he was the one being referred to... I was actually a bit taller than Sasuke since I was slightly older than them. Kakashi stopped him and Tazuna merely smirked at him.

Akame: Why? Are you expecting something to happen? If there is no danger, then it wouldn't matter if we are incompetent...

Tazuna: I-It's just that you brats should be able to protect me if bandits and robbers attack me... It wouldn't be of any help if you guys were to die or become a burden to me by getting captured.

Akame: Rude much?

Tazuna: Cheeky much?

Akame merely whipped her hair over her back and ignored him. Tazuna apparently didn't liked to be brushed off... He took a mouthful of sake... It dripped down to his neck. Ew... Kakashi merely sighed and asked the team to prepare for a long journey. Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke prepared to go out of the room while Akame merely stood there.

Akame: What? I am already ready. I already have all my necessities.

Sakura: Clothes, food, weapons everything? I can only see the sword that you carry around...

Akame: I found an ingenious thing called storage scrolls which allows me to put a lot of things inside them. I am always prepared for a journey or emergencies. Besides, Tazuna-san would feel 'safer' if someone were to 'look after' him...'

The others sighed and decided to meet up at the entrance to the village. Naruto was in high spirits since this was the first time he had gone out of the village...plus he had packed quite a lot of ramen. Kakashi sighed. Sakura was excited about her first trip 'with Sasuke'. Sasuke simply seemed disinterested in the proceedings. Akame looked curiously at him.

He took another swig of the sake. Did he usually drink this much? No...he didn't so loaded... he was drinking cheap sake... It was as if he 'needed' the sake desperately. Why would someone need to drink? To forget things that traumatizes them or depresses them...or to calm their tensed nerves. She had noticed it for quite a while now... was he afraid of something?

Suddenly Kakashi noticed Akame take a offensive stance...her hand lightly gripping her sword. He noticed the puddle in the middle of the road and chuckled slightly. After a while, the demon brothers came out of their hiding and quickly tore 'Kakashi' to shreds. Then one of them was about to kill naruto when Sasuke chained their weapons to the tree. Sakura quickly moved to defend Tazuna. The duo abandoned their weapon and rushed towards Tazuna. Akame quickly flashed in front of them. The next second, they were sprawled on the floor...their eyes blank...dead. But not a drop of blood had been spilled.

unsheathe