Chapter 8 : The chuunin exams

It had been a week since team seven had returned from their B rank mission. They had gone to the Haruno household and explained how Natsume was dead...and that he was being controlled. The Harunos had a funeral with a skeleton inside. It was grimm but Kakashi-sensei managed to seal the bones in a scroll and brought them back to the village.

(A/N : Akame's sword is a poison type Imperial arms and one cut from it is enough to kill the opponent. For further info refer to Murasame from Akame ga kill)

In the light of their excellent work at their B rank mission, Kakashi-sensei had given them a much deserved break.

The quartet decided to go home.

"Akane, I wanted to tell you something... Thank you for killing him."

She turned to look at Sasuke and gave a wry smile.

"It might be creepy to hear this but I am assassin...and assassinations make me feel alive...like I am in my territory... Besides I did promise you that I will take up all of your assassination requests."

Sasuke nodded and started heading home. Naruto, Sakura and Akane were heading to Ichiraku Ramen.

Konohamaru tagged along.

"Boss...is this pinkette your-"

Konohamaru grinned at Naruto. Naruto sheepishly grinned back. Sakura went into berserker mode and punched Naruto so hard, he hit a wall. Konohamaru asked Naruto why he didn't pick Akame...she was beautiful and she had mysterious scarlet eyes. Why did he pick an ugly girl like Sakura...

Minutes later, Konohamaru was running for his life while Sakura was catching up to him. She was determined to beat the hell out of that pipsqueak.

" Oof...sorry about th-"

"I hate brats like you a lot."

To their shock, a sand genin was holding Konohamaru by his neck. Konohamaru was trying to pry off his fingers since they were beginning to suffocate him.

A moment later, Konohamaru merely disappeared from his hands.

" We apologize for the inconvenience, but please don't take it out on the kid. You are in our territory right now."

The man with purple makeup stared at her... She was almost a female version of Gaara...calm on the outside,ruthless inside.

" Let's go Kankuro, next time you do something like this, I'll kill you".

The boy and the blond girl next to him stiffened and followed him.

"Wait, what is your name?"

"I am interested in you as well."

"Uchiha Sasuke"

" and Metsujin Akame"

He nodded and went on his way. The quarter meet Kakashi-sensei next afternoon.

"It'd better be about the chuunin exam."

Sasuke really wanted to test his strength. He had to get stronger to defeat Itachi. Then he remembered Akame... She said she was willing to undertake assassination requests...could he ask her to kill Itachi for him?

He facepalmed himself for even considering it for a moment. There would be no point in killing him if he didn't do it with his own hands.

He watched as Akame walked away. She was accompanying Naruto to Ichiraku ramen. Naruto was known to be a binge eater. Akame,however, casually ate the 30th bowl of ramen.

" Akame! Won't you get sick eating that much!"

He knew just by looking that Sakura was trying very hard to resist the urge to eat the greasy food. Now that he thought about it... Akame always relied on taijutsu for battle. She must be burning quite a lot of calories by training. Sasuke tried hard to supress his feeling of inferiority. She was at the same age as the other genins but she was far too developed for her age. He finally decided that even if he didn't give her an assassination request to kill Itachi, he could still use her to kill those who come in the way.

Later Kakashi declared his intentions to have them participate in the chuunin exams. Naruto was hugging Kakashi while Sakura looked hesitant. Akame...was smiling... There was a shining aura around her and the quartet(Naruto,Sakura,Sasuke amd Kakashi looked at her with surprise). She was literally beaming with happiness.

Akame was on her way back to her apartment when sasuke caught up with her.

He led her to the nearest tea stall. It was quite obvious that she wasn't from here. No matter where in the five great nations she was from, she should be knowing what dango is right?

Sasuke chuckled as Akame's face has a disgusting expression on it after drinking a bit of green tea. Looks like she doesn't like bitter things too much... Her eyes opened in wonder when she tasted dango. Sweet and soft... before she realized it, she had let out a small sigh.

"Uwaaah! So sweet!"

Then she recollected herself and ate the rest in silence. Sasuke decided to tell her what he intended to talk to her about.

A few hours later

"I see...so you wish to take revenge upon your brother..."

Sasuke nodded wondering whether she was going to start sprouting self-righteous speeches like others. To his astonishment, however, she merely nodded her head.

" Uchiha Sasuke, I am henceforth in your employ until the day your assassination request is completed. But just remember that having half knowledge is worse than having no knowledge...and...the dead can never come back..."

With that she paid for her share and walked out. Sasuke looked at her with his eyebrows raised. Akame simply turned down the road and start training for the chuunin exams...