Chapter 54 : Preparing for the big day

Akame P.O.V

My personal hideout was located under the Amegakure lake. It is well known for it's chakra sapping tendency and thus no one dares to fall inside.

What people don't know is that there is a wonderful cavern underneath. After using my freezing blade to create a thin layer of protection of ice for Sasuke, I took him under the Amegakure lake. 

It is, by far, my favourite spot. The entire place is illuminated by a cool, bluish light. The fact that the water is chakra absorbing meant that I didn't have to worry about anyone slipping in. Even Obito needs coordinates of a place to be able to teleport there.

 Since Obito doesn't know the coordinates, this place has become something akin to my 'safety zone'. A place where I could let my guard down and relax.

Sasuke: W-What on earth is this?

Akame: A place where I spend time whenever I have things I wish to think about. This place is impossible for others to enter.

Sasuke: How so?

Akame: Those with chakra will die due to losing too much chakra if they just jump into these water since this water absorbs chakra. Those who don't possess chakra cannot hold their breath long enough to find this place. Basically you can access this place only if you have my help.

Sasuke: I understand we are here to prevent being overheard. What is it that you want to discuss?

Akame: I wish to give you the answers to some VERY important questions...at least the ones that I can provide an answer to. 

Sasuke: Go ahead. I am listening.

Akame: How wonderful it is to find you so obedient...but before we discuss that, I have a certain person I want you to meet. I think you know him quite too well.

 In a room made of Ice, the unconscious body of a man lay encased in a standing position. The man's eyes showed remnants of having cried tears of blood. The tear troughs in his face seemed to be more apparent as his body had gotten thinner.

Sasuke's eyes widened in disbelief and shock upon seeing the unconscious body of...

His brother, Uchiha Itachi. 

Sasuke: What is this? H-How could you-

Akame: W-Wait! I'm not being cruel! Your brother he's...

Sasuke: He is what?

Akame: After that battle, Tobi carried you back to the hideout and I...

Sasuke: Brought Itachi's body back with you. Do you want me to reap my brother's eyes too?

Akame: N-No! Sasuke, you idiot! Your brother is alive!

He gave me blank stare...then his eyes widened in shock and then finally...he shrieked and fainted. Okay...despite all this preparation, he still fainted eh? Well I can understand why he was so shocked.

Akame: Sasuke...I didn't intent to betray you. But somewhere deep down, rather than our contract, your well being began to take precedence. Itachi's behavior...I had a feeling that he was making the same mistakes that I made in the past and so for safer side I saved him and...and I was right! But Itachi's in a bad shape. He is almost completely blind and it seems like he has some kind of internal disease...so even if we remove him out of comatose stage now, he'll just die. We need to find a medical ninja who can heal him. 

Sasuke recovered from his shock completely in a while. He seemed so relieved...so happy that I was quite proud of myself. Thank goodness I saved Itachi! Now he wouldn't have to go through what Kurome did because of me!