Chapter 15 : Blood moon

Akame opened her eyes slightly and checked her surroundings...

Wow...that was quite the first date... But for now she'll have to decide the next step...

Will someone miss her?

No.

The chuunin exams were 2 weeks away...

They would simply think that she went away to train for a month...

Would Sasuke miss her? No...why should he? She was merely someone who was going to assist him in assassinating his brother...

She didn't know why but it hurt her that there was no one who would realize that she was missing. Besides she was feeling especially low since her sword...

Wait!

Sakura might realize that Akame is missing... Sakura had taken Akame's sword away from her stating that swords are not allowed on a date. Surely she would find it weird that Akame didn't come back to claim back her precious sword...

Akame could only do one thing for now...find a way out...but at the moment, it wasn't as simple as it sounded. This room was dark...and murky...how long has it been since this place has been cleaned?

In all likelihood, this place was obviously abandoned and secluded...besides she could see any exit...

A few metres above

"Are you certain we had to fucking bury the girl in?"

A hunched back old man glared at the psychotic looking rogue nin.

"I thought that you were pyschotic and blood-thirsty?"

The man laughed hard.

"Who said I'm not? I'd rather fucking slice the girl myself instead of burying her alive."

Akame could hear bits and pieces of their conversation.

One of them sounded uninterested while the other kept swearing. The first one was called Hidan while the other was called Kakuzu. How did she find out their names? They fought constantly... and they let their names out unintentionally... not expecting their victim to be awake.

Hidan: Why do we have to watch over a fucking brat?

Kakuzu: Were you sleeping when Leader-sama was explaining? The sand village wants us to make sure that she doesn't participate in the chuunin finals. Apparently she's a bit mysterious and the sand village doesn't want to risk her beating their ace. They might have handled her themselves but they'll be in a tight spot if the village found out that the sand was behind her disappearance. I don't want to be bothered with her...but the sand has paid us well and if she really is strong, she might fetch a higher price in the bingo book.

Akame sighed. She had to make it out... She'll have to make it out...there was a chance that Sasuke might be attached too...

It was apparent that Sunagakure was planning something for Konoha...and it's obviously not good...

Soon she began to formulate a plan.

A few hours later

Kakuzu: It is time for me to deliver the head I had reaped a few days ago. It should fetch me 1,000,000 ryo according to the latest version of the bingo book.

Hidan: Hey! Why do you get go out when I have to watch over this fucking brat? Perhaps I should just sacrifice her to Jashin-sama and get it over with...

She could hear the guy called Kakuzu scowl before leaving his swearing partner behind...

Now it was time to put her plan in action. She was certain that the Kakuzu guy was more dangerous than the Hidan guy. So it was better for her to wait for Kakuzu to depart.

She looked at her masterpiece with a satisfied expression. This would serve as a good practice. She couldn't use Esdeath's Imperial arms as it is...but she could mould it to fit her fighting style since the Imperial arms had accepted her.

She had condensed a huge amount of Ice to create an Ice sword and found that she could manipulate the Ice much easily through the sword.

Hidan: What the hell?

He quickly ran out of the house. A huge Ice spear broke through the roof of the house and shattered the house to pieces. His target walked out of the devastated house.

Hidan: Oh my... aren't you an interesting sacrifice.

Akame's left eye had turned white. She was panting heavily from high use of energy but it was much better than what she had anticipated. None of the side effects of using Esdeath's Imperial arms were found now... This was more efficient.

Murasame was a finishing move...it was inconceivable to use it for long battles... But her 'Freezing blade' covered up that weakness. Despite being shaped like a sword, it allowed to make long range and close range attacks.

Hidan had been polishing scythe. He had been getting bored...now this was fucking interesting...

Akame lost no time in fighting Hidan. She didn't know when Kakuzu would come back...she might not be able to handle two of them at a time.

Not before long, Hidan gleefully licked his scythe. Akame touched her cheek and felt blood where it had grazed her.

Hidan: It was fun fighting with ya but it is over...Yeah! Let me give you a final dance of death.

Akame smiled. She didn't know what Hidan intended to do but Hidan made a big mistake when he licked her blood.

Esdeath's weapon was a possessive type after all... After drinking the mercury liquid, Esdeath's blood itself had become the Imperial arms...the same happened when Akame ingested it...that's why her body had turned cold and had no pulse. But she could control the blood.

She closed her eyes and focused on the drop of blood Hidan ingested. Hidan had activated his sacrifice mode and had black and white with a skeletal face. He was grinning happily.

Then Akame did it...

"I am the bone of my sword...

Leering at infinite victory,
Freezing blade!"

Thousands of Ice shards pierced Hidan from inside missing his vital organs. She intended to keep him alive since he obviously knew a lot about Sunagakure's plan.

"Aaargh!"

Akame couldn't help scream as she felt pain course through her body...

Why?

She couldn't have side effects from using freezing blade so what is happening?

Hidan was moaning in pain which felt like pleasure to him.

Hidan: That fucking hurts...and I love it! My scythe allows me to transfer my injury to the one whose blood I intake...and since I took your blood a while ago, you get to feel my pain!

Akame looked down at her body shakily. She was totally covered in blood. Both Hidan and Akame sank to the ground. Hidan might be immortal but it takes time to heal. Akame had pierced through his arms, legs and stomach so he couldn't move an inch... Akame couldn't move either since she received Hidan's injuries, she was pierced all over too...

But unlike Hidan, she wasn't immortal and could die of blood loss...

"Akame!"

She could hear two voices coming towards her. Kakuzu appeared out of nowhere, took his comrade and ran away.

Akame saw Kakashi-sensei and Sasuke running towards her.

Akame: How are you guys here?

Kakashi: Konoha has been on high alert ever since Sasuke informed us that you went missing after seeing the Kariya boy.

Sasuke: That Ice spear was too flashy. We could see it from where Kakashi was training us...

"So what was going on here-"

Before Kakashi could complete the sentence, Akame gratefully fell unconscious in Sasuke's arms...

(A/N:  I wish to thank you all for the support and appreciation I received for this story through your views and votes. I must say...I love you all!)