Chapter 7 : The adventure continues

This is the picture of Natsume Haruno.

It had been a few days since the battle with Zabuza. Everyone was truly surprised when Kakashi revealed that Zabuza was not dead yet. Akame believed it...

Though Zabuza had no pulse and she had thought that he was dead,she had been surprised that the hunter nin from the mist village displayed almost zero killing intent when he threw the senbons at his neck...

The past few days were spent on recovering. Kakashi-sensei limped around with a stick for support but otherwise he was fine.

"I want you all to train your chakra"

"I already know about catra!"

"It's chakra,Naruto"

Sakura explained how chakra was the basic for all ninjutsu and genjutsu. Taijutsu and Kenjutsu also rely on it but not the same was as ninjutsu and genjutsu...

Akame calmly looked at Murasame(her sword). Perhaps chakra was a term for energy... In that case,the power she used to activate her imperial arms was her chakra.

"You shall learn chakra control by...climbing trees"

Kakashi-sensei hung upside-down from the top branch. Soon he gave the quartet a kunai each and asked them to climb a tree and mark their progress...

Naruto and Sasuke were having trouble since they were using too much of chakra and were unable to focus it. Sakura,on the other hand,showed perfect chakra control and quickly reached higher. She couldn't go till the top since her chakra reserves were not as huge as the boys. Akame...however...was a unique case...she fell down after the first step itself...in other words, she was not using chakra at all...

"Sensei, I'm sorry but the truth is that I cannot use chakra for anything other than my sword...but I can use quickstep to climb trees."

She proved her point by suddenly disappearing and appearing right next to Kakashi-sensei, on top of the tree. He sighed. He wondered about it...the Hokage told him that she was not from here...maybe this is what he was talking about...she was not a ninja at all...rather she is almost like an assassin...

Kakashi excused her from Chakra training and sent her back with Sakura to watch over Tazuna.

A few days later...

Sakura,Sasuke,Kakashi and Akame followed Tazuna as usual to safeguard him while working.

But today somthing was definitely off. All the workers were sprawled on the floor. Akame quickly disappeared and appeared next to them.

"It's all right,sensei. They are merely unconscious".

Then all of a sudden Zabuza taunted Kakashi and Sasuke. He sent out a lot of water clones...who Sasuke singlehandedly defeated. Zabuza appeared to be deep in thought...

" Why did you not unsheathe your sword?"

"As I thought... It troubled you during our last match too right? You felt angered that I wasn't taking you seriously... But the truth is that I shall unsheathe the sword only to complete an assassination request...because that is who the demon sword,Murasame is...an assassin..."

Zabuza sighed and faced the 'copy ninja' Kakashi. Sasuke challenged Haku,the boy who had disguised himself as the hunter ninja from mist village. Sakura was on guard next to Tazuna.

"Shall we play instead,little miss swordsman"

Akame stiffened and turned in the direction of the voice. The words sounded flirty but the voice had a chill to it. He had silvery white hair and bright green eyes. His skin was pale and there were two metal sticks wrapped in bandages on his back... What caught her attention the most,was that he wore the konoha forehead protector but it had a slash in the middle.

"Don't hesitate to kill him Akame, he is a rogue ninja"

Akame quickly took a fighting stance...her right hand lightly figering Murasame. Sakura,on the other hand,was looking at him with a shocked expression.

"Natsume nii-san?"

"Is that little Sakura? You still have not changed at all, I see...That village may appear to be a paradise at first sight,but the truth is that it is build on lies,betrayals and sacrifices"

Sakura looked like she was about to talk back but then she noticed his eyes...they were vacant...

"Akame! He is being controlled!"

The scarlet eyed girl simply nodded... So that meant she could not kill him... She growled slightly at him.

"I am not miss swordsman... I am Metsujin Akame...and if I were you...I wouldn't call my swordsmanship little..."

He made a slashing movement in her direction and Akame dodged it... That slashing sound...it was as if the air was his sword...and he could cut through air itself...

Akame looked at the others. Kakashi-sensei was having an all out battle with Zabuza while Naruto and Sasuke were busy against Haku who was turning them into human porcupines with Ice needles...she would have to get this over with...

He slashed at the air again...and Akame had to turn to dodging...the attack would slice through her like paper...no room for mistakes...

After a bit more of the same coup-de-maitre, he decided to step up the game.

"Secret art jutsu: Human puppet creation!"

He was too quick... before she could react, he brushed past her left leg... The place where the rod touches, a black butterfly tattoo emerged.

"Come forward"

To her horror,her left leg started inching ahead on its own. She quickly took a kunai and slit her nerve on the tendon.

" If the nerve connecting the leg and the brain is disrupted,then the leg cannot move"

"Are you willing to sacrifice even your own body for victory?"

"No. I am willing to sacrifice myself for my goal...I am like a thorn...I may hurt...but I exist to protect what matters."

Natsume-san seemed slightly taken back by my answer. He chuckled slightly...

"You said you were Akame right? So do you know who your king is...do you know what it feels like if you win the war but lose the king?"

Akame looked at the man infront of him...he might be controlled but he left the village on his own wish. His eyes had a hard glimmer. He looked broken. She sighed as she remembered all the battles she had fought alongside night raid.

"You may not,believe me...but yes I do know...I saw my 'kings' die right in front of me and I was powerless to stop it..."

Akame turned just in time to see Sasuke fall...she had to finish this quickly... Before he fell,he whispered slightly...'Remember the promise Akame,I want you to kill Natsume Haruno'. Akame smiled ruefully...after so long...an assassination request. She whispered back to him...'Consider it done'. Sasuke smiled before slumping to the floor...

"Natsume-san, I think that you are worthy of seeing Murasame"

The entire scene froze... For a moment Kakashi felt a dark aura so strong...it was like pure darkness. The shock even revived Sasuke(he woke up due to his body acting on adrenaline... because of the dark aura)... Zabuza stopped...Sakura sank to the floor shivering...

Then a moment later, the dark aura disappeared without a trace. Kakashi's sharingan saw a glint of a blade next to Natsume at the exact time when the dark aura had surfaced.

Akame was standing with her back to Natsume. He turned towards her...but then suddenly his body convulsed and he fell to the ground...

Kakashi realised what had happened... Akame had...even if just for a moment...unsheathed her sword...

That aura...he understood why she referred to herself as 'Akame of the demon sword,Murasame'...