Chapter 41 : Love thy enemy

Akame P.O.V

"I was the one who was supposed to kill Orochimaru, so I'll kill you for stealing my prey."

A huge white bird made of clay rushed towards Sasuke and exploded at close quarters. Sasuke was someone who had killed one of the legendary sannin. He would find this level of attack easy to repel. When the smoke cleared, I saw that a huge snake summon had protected him completely from the blast.

After receiving the attack for him, the snake disappeared in a huge puff of smoke. Sasuke had something close to a sweet smile on his face.

Sasuke: Where is Uchiha Itachi? If you tell me I'll let you go.

I know that Deidara looked a lot like a girl...but surely even Sasuke knows that Deidara is a guy and wouldn't fall for Sasuke's killer 'manly' charms right? Deidara was obvious to Obito's chuckles...even my face cracked into a small smile.

Deidara, however was angry that Sasuke would think about someone else while fighting him. Sasuke was completely uninterested in fighting Deidara...rather he thought that Deidara was no match for him.

Uchiha Sasuke...he had been trained well. He was strong, clever, sharp and confident about his own abilities...though he still had the same habit of looking down on others. Deidara and Sasuke had a staring match while broke when...

Sasuke quickly rushed towards Deidara and...slashed his sword as Obito. Marvelous! Sasuke seems to have the skill of an assassin...I wonder if I could teach him. He was developing his assassination skills subconsciously anyway.

Judging by the slight wavering in Obito's chakra, it was obvious that even he was shocked that Sasuke attacked him and not Deidara...but he had quickly activated his space jutsu. Thanks to that, it appeared as if Sasuke's sword simply went through him.

Akame: That is why I was fine with being asked to handle O-Tobi. Focus on Deidara.

Sasuke clicked his tongue slightly in irritation and turned to face Deidara, who was busy molding clay from behind the trees. Deidara suddenly unleashed many clay spiders from his hands. Sasuke quickly used a minor lightning style jutsu to pin the spiders to the trees.

Obito: Sempai! Behind you!

Deidara: Katsu!

Just as Sasuke appeared behind Deidara with his version of shunshin no jutsu(body flicker jutsu), Deidara blew up a clay spider that he had saved in his hands. Both of them appeared unscathed from the explosion but Deidara decided to back his attack up with weird goo-like dolls that tried to attach themselves to Sasuke and then go 'BOOM'.

I clutched my mouth slightly as I felt sick looking at the gooey substance that the 'mouths' in Deidara's hands were spewing. Obito calmly stood beside me and tapped my back affectionately.

Deidara: Oye Tobi! Whose side are you on?

Obito: It's not my fault that Akame-chan is prettier and more mature than Deidara-sempai.

Well long story short, neither I nor Obito were intent on fighting. Deidara was the only one hellbent on fighting and...it made him look like an idiot.

Just when one of the explosions distracted Sasuke, Obito tapped me light on the shoulder. Moment later, I found myself in an empty box-like dimension.

Akame: Your space jutsu is as impressive as ever.

"But that is not the reason we are here."

Ah. Uchiha Madara. They are here for my answer after all. Obito stood a little behind Madara, his mask was off and I could his Sharingan blazing beautifully. Ok...this could mean only one thing...