Chapter 9 : When presented with two choices, look for the third one

(A/N: This chapter might go at a fast pace so as to skip over some parts that have been heard of so many times that one gets bored. Instead I'll present you with the cherry on top of the cake. So dig in;)

Akame was casually walking towards the academy when she spotted Sakura. The pinkette looked like she might just faint even before the exams start.

Sakura was suddenly startled when she felt someone grasp her hand. She was about to swat it away thinking it was Naruto when she noticed those gleaming scarlet eyes. Akame. The red-eyed woman was trying in her own way to support Sakura.

There is nothing that makes a human go beyond their abilities than love and comradeship. She already had love...Sasuke and she knew that she could trust Naruto and Akame with her back. Chuunin exams were sometimes a team event( being the clever girl she is, Sakura read up the records of the past chuunin exams) if it was team seven, she believed they had a fair chance.

To her surprise even Sasuke noticed her anxious state and praised her a little to encourage her. True, Sakura had noticed the genjutsu but was merely too lost in thought to comment upon it. Sasuke praised her! She could fly with happiness! Perhaps today would be a really good one...or maybe not.

"My youthful flower, you are Sakura right? Will you go out with me?"

Sakura deadpanned while Sasuke looked like he was about to choke. This guy...Rock Lee was...unique...in a very different manner...

She refused him outright. Oh well...this won't stop her!

'Cha! I'll have a great day today. Sasuke noticed me after all!'

No. It got worse from there Lee sent flying kisses at her and she literally banged her head trying to avoid them. Later her precious Sasuke was thoroughly beaten by Lee.

'Please god...let it not go worse than this... "

Luckily the great goddess of Luck heeded her request because the first part of the written exams was a...written test!

Naruto sighed once the exams were over. He thought he was definitely going to fail and bring his team down with him...

An hour later

Konoha had a bizarrely unique set of rookies and equally unique senseis. After Ibiki's mental attacks, it was now time for the dango-crazy Mitarashi Anko. The forest of death...

"Sakura, do you know anything about this place?"

Sakura nodded as she collected her thoughts.

"It has a metallic perimeter with 44 gates at equal spacing. Inside there is a river, most of the landscape is a forest and a tower right in the middle of the grounds. Within the forest there is a high chance of encountering leeches,tigers and bears. It also contains poisonous insects and plants."

Sakura visibly paled as she thought about surviving in such a place while Sasuke smirked and Naruto punched the air in high spirits.Soon the second round of the exams began.

"Akame? Hey, Akame-chan?"

She quickly held a hand to his mouth. Way to give away one's location... Coupled with the noise made by the rookie nine and Naruto's declaration at the end, they were most likely being tagged by a lot of teams... Why make it worse? Naruto never thinks before he acts does he?

"Remember. When does a ninja strike?
When the enemy lowers his guard
And his weapons lay forgotten in the stillness of the night...
That is when a ninja strikes"

Sasuke declared this as the password for identification and to help find out if an enemy impersonated as one of them. Akame and Sakura looked at him unable to understand Sasuke's reasoning while Naruto was whining about the pass-speech.