Chapter 38 : Sasuke vs Suigetsu!

Akame P.O.V

Sasuke and Suigetsu were stretching. The sound from the hooves of horses reverberated in the air. Sasuke had met Daikoku Tenzen beforehand and had warned him about the attack(duel). He also made sure to let the man know that the person truly after his life was Suigetsu.

Suigetsu: Geez...what's going on?

Sasuke: It looks like another ruling family is sending ten thousands of soldiers to attack and plunder Tenzen's castle.     

Suigetsu: Woah...is that true? By confusing the enemy our chances will increase and even if thousand opponents become ten thousand opponents...it doesn't really matter to a ninja like me...so this situation doesn't make much of a difference to me. Today I'll get my hands on the throat cleaver, Ayanami.

Sasuke: Hn. Why don't we add a rule?

Suigetsu: A rule?

Sasuke: The person who gets the sword first is the winner. The additional rule is that not a single person should be killed. Well then...let's begin now.

Suigetsu: Wait...now as in...NOW!

I chuckled slightly as Sasuke quickly came out of hiding and attracted the attention of many thugs. Suigetsu sighed and walked up to Sasuke. Sasuke single handedly took down all the thugs but a barrage of arrows came towards them.

"Katon : Goukyaku no jutsu!"

He burnt the arrows to cinders and disappeared. The reinforcements began to target Suigetsu. 

Akame: So you are serious about testing Suigetsu.

Sasuke: Of course. I have no use for weaklings on my team.

Suigetsu's moves were more than flawless. It was quite obvious that he was trained to be successor of the seven swordsman. He stuck to the rule and knocked out all the thugs without drawing a single drop of blood. He finally managed to reach Tenzen's room.

Suigetsu : Ah...it was tiring but I finally reached the goal.

"I-Impossible...you defeated all those soldiers by yourself!"

Daikoku Tenzen was shaking in fear and fury. Suigetsu, seemed to be pretty pleased with himself.

Suigetsu : Well yeah. Even with decent weapons, you cannot cut me-

"Then how about something much better than a 'decent weapon!"

A man tore into the room with Ayanami and sliced through Suigetsu's body like it was a piece of paper.

"Ahahaa...that's what you get for letting down your guard at the last moment."

Suigetsu began to laugh as well...even though his body lay in two parts on the ground. Of course. Killing Suigetsu is 'nearly' impossible since his body is made up of water. The man slashed through Suigetsu many more times but Suigetsu simply laughed around and reconnected his body.

Suigetsu: Heh...so you are the one who killed Zabuza-sempai and took his throat cleaver from him.

"N-No! Not me. That man was the one who did it!"

Daikoku pointed at Sasuke in panic. Suigetsu fell into ripples of renewed laughter at the man's attempt to run away.

"D-Do you brats think you can just come in and do whatever you please and walk away!"

Suigetsu: Sasuke, I wish to kill this man. He claims to have defeated Zabuza-sempai. I can't let him tarnish the reputation of the seven swordsman of the mist. He needs to pay his debts...besides I can't wait to try this sword.

I sighed. It was supposed to be their duel. Why was Sasuke giving me unnecessary jobs?

Sasuke: Cut it out. If you kill him, you lose the duel.

Akame: Sasuke, I've destroyed all the central pillars of this mansion. It's going to collapse about...right now.

Suigetsu: You both are almost like siblings...what's with your obsessions for 'Now'?

Sasuke glared at Suigetsu and began to walk down the stairs. Suigetsu sighed and followed him. I tossed him a water bottle. Suigetsu's energy bar was a bottle of water. How convenient.

"W-Wait...you are Sasuke....the one who killed Orochimaru!"

Suigetsu laughed all the way out of the mansion. Sasuke simple sighed and took a bottle of water from me. The news of Orochhimaru's death was travelling faster than we expected.

Suigetsu: As long as I have this sword, I won't lose even to you!

Sasuke: Hn.

Akame: *giggle*

Suigetsu: Hey...could it be possible that you knew from the very beginning that I wanted that sword? You would have easily known that the sword would not be in the grave...the one who spread the information around to gather all those thugs/soldiers was also you...Tenzen sounded like he'd seen your face before... Could it be that you were testing me?   

 Akame: You realized it just now?

Suigetsu: What an awful thing to do! What were you going to do if I was hurt or something? But now I get what kind of a person you are. It wasn't much of a shocker. You're exactly how I imagined you to be...

Akame: Well, now that you've got the sword, you're sticking to your end of the promise.

Suigetsu: Hai. Hai. Besides I want to challenge you sometime.

Sasuke simply sighed and walked on.Well...Suigetsu was not the only person who got an insight into Sasuke's working. I did too. After learning about Daikoku Tenzen, Sasuke didn't hesitate to bring him down. He still couldn't pardon evil doers...besides he stuck to my promise of not killing those uninvolved with his revenge.

What bothered me was that Sasuke kept glancing at the celestial devourer as if it's presence was troubling him somehow. 

All of a sudden I felt a distortion in space near my hand. Obito's hand came out of thin air, pushed a piece of paper into my hand and disappeared.

'Hope you found the 'gift' useful. Expecting a positive reply to the request. As for the location of Uchiha Itachi...I shall provide it in a while.'

I put the paper into my pouch and walked on. Neither Sasuke nor Suigetsu seemed to have noticed what had just happened.

Suigetsu: So? Where are we going next?

Sasuke: The nearest hideout.

Sasuke P.O.V

It was fine. The duel proved that Suigetsu was strong enough to be able to hold his end in battle. The next person to pick up was Karin. I really wasn't looking forward to it...

But what bothered me right now was that Akame was quite conscious of the cross around her neck. If she really wanted to wear an accessory, why not wear the one I got for her at the festival?

Akame was in touch with someone. I could only believe that she wouldn't betray me. She just isn't the type of person to do something like that. All I should think of right now is my revenge on Itachi. I cannot mess up. I had trained all this time just for this...

Remember Akame...you are an assassin...my assassin.