Chapter 52 : Dealing with the 'A andB' combo

Akame P.O.V

Akame: Sasuke, can I-

Sasuke: No.

Akame: H-Hey...atleast listen-

Sasuke: If it is about accompanying me on the mission, the answer is no. Just show us the way to Kumogakure and make sure that reinforcements are not able to catch up to us. 

Akame: But I am pretty good in combat! Surely Suigetsu is more suited to-

The next action shocked me out of my wits. Sasuke held a finger to my lips before leading us out of the hideout. The other members of team Taka looked positively shocked at what Sasuke had just done.

Karin: You have that 'Tobi' guy don't you? Stay away from Sasuke-kun!

Wait...where did that come from? I know saving Obito is very important but...

Suigetsu: Oh? Is that jealousy I see?

Karin: N-No way! I-It's not like I l-love Sasuke or something!

We all sweatdropped at Karin's retort. She looked like a kid caught with stolen cookies in her hand. Oh well, at least now I know what 'Tsundere' means. Jugo was conversing intently with a little bird. We were about to leave for the mission when Obito suddenly appeared right behind me and teleported me to a different location. Before long, however, he returned me back to team Taka. All he did was give me a warning.

Obito: You are helping Sasuke to atone for your mistakes. That is all there is to it. Since you are not a part of team Taka, don't participate in their mission of capturing the eight-tails. If you don't let Sasuke fight his battles, his blade will get rusty. Surely that is not what you want.

Where did that come from? Sasuke looked at me with a questioning glance but I simply shook my head. Sasuke probably already knows what Obito said to me. Recently they've been having too many 'private conversations' and...I don't like things being kept a secret from me...especially if it is about me.

But now that I think about it...it's surprising that the only topic they both agree on is me. 

.

.

.

Akame: We are here.

Karin: Right. I can feel enormous chakra right behind this boulder. I think Eight-tails is close!

Sasuke: I see. Akame, keep a lookout and make sure that no one interrupts us.

Akame: B-But Sasuke, I don't think you're on the level where-

Sasuke: We can talk after the mission is over.

Okay...all I wanted to tell you was that you are not yet on the level where you can challenge Killer B! Before long, huge crashes and screams resounded in the air. Sasuke has a healer like Karin and two extremely strong side support like Suigetsu and Jugo by his side so it should be alright....or at least I hope so... 

Sigh. What is the point of worrying about it now?

"Exactly. Rather than worrying about the Uchiha boy, worry about yourself."

H-Huh?

I had just dodged the attack by an inch. A huge crater was all that was left of the place where I'd been standing until a moment ago. I looked carefully at my attacker and the two side support he had with him. There was no doubt that his aides were the ones who had realized our presence.

But it was the attacker who took me by surprise...which is quite a considerable thing seeing that surprise an assassin is not so easy. But given the attacker's identity, it was only obvious.

"To think the Akatsuki scum are here-"

Akame: It's been a while, A-sama.

I bowed slightly out of plain curtsy but considering how angry the Raikage was right now, I don't think it's going to make much of a difference. I hope I can hold him off until Sasuke suppresses Killer B.

"N-No way...is she really Akame, the god slayer? I heard she defeated Zabuza of the demon mist!"

"Oye! D-DOn't freak out! N-No one can beat Raikage-sama!"

Looks like his aides are pretty open about their opinions. I took Murasame and locked the sword with the sheath. I took a deep breath and reminded myself that I am no longer an assassin. 

A: Metsujin Akame, I challenge you to a duel. You and Uchiha Sasuke...you are both going to pay for trying to harm my brother.

Akame: Just Akame is fine since I've dropped the 'Metsujin' part of me. I gratefully accept your challenge...though I might not be a match for you nintaijutsu(ninjutsu and taijutsu combined)...but I will try not to disappoint you!

A: For an enemy, you sure are courteous.

Akame: That is just my nature besides...I am not your real enemy.

A: What do you mean?

Akame: I'll tell you at the end of the duel. 

.

.

.

A: Do you think you can beat my speed?

He zapped right behind me and I dodged it by a hair's length. Just once or twice was bad enough but...he kept coming at me in quick succession and it nearly made my heart jump out of my chest every single time!

Akame: T-There's no way I could match it!

If it was someone like Obito, I could simply use the electric skin jutsu to prevent them from coming in physical contact with me but the Raikage was so tough, he was resistant to lightning! Actually it was not just his speed...his punches were just as insane. At one touch, he shattered HUGE rocks into dust. There wouldn't be a body left to heal if I was hit with one of those super sonic punches!

I blocked his punches with Murasame, secretly glad about the fact that only an imperial arms can destroy another imperial arms. I used 'Freezing blade' and 'Adramelech' but even with all that, all I could do was fight neck-to-neck.

The two aides who were with the Raikage could only watch the duel in horror. They wouldn't be able to help A-sama at all...rather, if they came out now, they'll only hinder his fight.

But before we knew it, we were enjoying the fight. I could see A-sama enjoying the battle too,with conflicting emotions. It's true that we were a threat to his brother...but it didn't the fact that both I and A-sama loved a good fight. Besides, he probably knew that Killer B could easily hold out for himself.

.

.

.

I just slipped A-sama a letter when a battered looking team Taka came onto the scene...with a near dead Killer B on Jugo's back. Sasuke was carrying an unconscious Karin and a jelly-like Suigetsu. Looks like they had one hell of a battle. 

Sasuke: Our job here is done. We are leaving, Akame.

"B-sama! Oh no! How could they-"

I quickly knocked one of them out and escaped along with Sasuke. A-sama seems to have understood the letter because...he made no moves to chase us. We slowly made our way back to the Akatsuki base where an anxious looking Obito was waiting for us.

Obito: Why did it take you guys so long to capture one jinchuriki?

Sasuke: We just ran into some unexpected trouble.

After that, Jugo gave Obito Killer B's unconscious 'body'. I smiled discreetly as I thought about the letter I gave the Raikage. Both Sasuke and Obito will be furious if they found out what I did but then...this is my payback for all the secrets they keep;) 

'Killer B is fine. He is strong and I gave him a teleportation tag beforehand...

Since no harm was done, I request Kumogakure's support on aiding us on the mission stated below...

PS: I will reveal soon who the real enemy is.  

Yours Truly,

Akame'