Chapter 6 : Adventure in the land of waves

" Good job...you guys. Well, Tazuna you have some explaining to do..."

Tazuna explained how he was a master bridge builder. For a small island whose lifeline was the water transportation, Gato taking over it...meant that he had control over politics and everything else. This resulted in the village becoming impoverished. His bridge would end his monopoly over the waters thus bringing his reign to an end. Thus he wants to kill Tazuna. This was definitely an A class mission but even the feudal lord didn't have enough money to afford the fee of an A class mission.

Naruto vowed to protect the builder with his life. It was times like these that made him so much like Tatsumi...his determination to help the poor and the needy.

Kakashi pulled back Akame and asked her how she was so strong even without unsheathing the sword,at such a young age... She merely stated that she had been an Assassin before so she was used to bloodshed.

To his surprise, he saw her eyes lose all light...just what had this girl been through...

Once they reached the island, Naruto started to show off...throwing kunais everywhere. Sakura smacked him on his head while Tazuna cursed him for freaking him out. Naruto's kunai had just missed a white snow rabbit by a hairlength...

How interesting... these rabbits have white fur only during snow time...and it was summer now...

" Duck!"

They screamed as they a huge sword just missing their heads and getting stuck on a tree. A man was standing on it...his lower face covered in bandages. Naruto rushed forward to confront him but Kakashi came in the way...

"Zabuza Momochi, one of the seven swordsmen of the bloody mist village. A really high ranking rogue ninja in the bingo book."

The man called Zabuza chuckled. He said that he felt great to face off Kakashi of the sharingan. Then he went on to explain how he had to kill all of his classmates to graduate...that at the age of 13 itself...he had blood on his hands...

Kakashi and Zabuza engaged in a battle with Kakashi activating his sharingan...it was a tie...but then Kakashi got captured in Zabuza's water prison jutsu. Sensei asked the team to abandon him and take Tazuna away...

But Naruto and Sasuke declared that they would not leave without Kakashi...since if sensei get's killed now, they would have no chance against Zabuza when he would attack again.

Akame looked at sensei. His senses were heightened by the sharingan and he could see the words 'shall I kill him' form on it... He merely shook his head and asked her to give him enough time to free himself. Akame nodded...

She asked Naruto and Sasuke to help her out... They looked at her with eyes filled with fear but she just flashed them the peace sign(v) and walked on.

Zabuza's clones charged at her...

"Shunpo(flash step)"

She cleanly avoided all of the clones and rushed towards the real Zabuza. Suddenly the clones pouffed away and Zabuza charged at her.

"You think a brat like you can defeat me? By the time I was your age-"

"Your hands were already stained with blood... So what? The past has nothing to do with this moment... It is merely a fight...If I lose, I die...that is all there is to it."

Zabuza was beginning to be interested in this girl. Her scarlet eyes had such brightness in them...but it wasn't like her comrades... Her eyes shone because she had been through a lot and still survived... She is on a completely different level from the others. But he was going to be more impressed in the future...

"Zabuza Momochi, I challenge you to a duel between two swordsmen..."

Zubuza chuckled again. It's been quite a while since someone entertained him...

"Very well. But during a duel one is supposed to introduce themselves. I am Zabuza Momochi,one of the seven bloody mist swordsman and this is my sword Ayanami."

"I am Metsujin Akame of the demon sword,Murasame."

Without giving her a moment to take a stance, he swung his huge sword at her. She simply stopped it with her hand.

"Then bigger and heavier the sword, the easier it is to predict its movement"

The others were looking at Akame and Zabuza battle it out... Both the sides were equally strong. Akame was giving out an aura of darkness that would make even a jonin stop in his tracks.

Naruto and Sasuke were busy defeating his water clones,Sakura was on standby guarding Tazuna while Kakashi was copying Zabuza's water prison jutsu so that he could break it from inside using an opposing jutsu of the same time...opposites cancel each other...

Zabuza swing his sword down on her. Akame blocked it with her sword...her sword was still not out of it's sheathe... It infuriated Zabuza...she was underestimating him... He forced his weight on the sword, trying to push her back...but she didn't flinch in the slighest.

"Water reverse prisoner jutsu!"

Kakashi broke out of the water prison. Zabuza panicked slightly and glanced at Kakashi.

"Never divert your attention from your enemy."

Akame uses his momentary distraction to send his sword flying away from his hand...

"I might have won against you as a swordsman but as a ninja you are still stronger-"

A few senbons pierced Zabuza's neck. A hunter nin from the mist village had killed him. He took Zabuza's body away. Akame looked at them disappear...

"Kakashi-sensei, why did Ayanami(Zabuza's sword) disappear-"

Before she could complete the sentence, Kakashi-sensei collapsed from overuse of his powers...