Chapter 56 : Akame vs...Danzo!

(A/N: So sorry for the delay in updating the story. I had my university exam week and...I wrote this chapter when I could finally squeeze some time. Hopefully, the exams will be over soon and I can focus on 'Shinobi x Assassin' updating once again.

And one more thing...thank you guys so much for the 20k+ reads! They made me so insanely happy!

Without further ado, let's get right into the chapter;)  

Akame P.O.V

"The reason I really came here is to destroy you, Shimura Danzo..."

He made a hand sign and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Left behind was a log of wood. Substitution jutsu eh? Well, I knew where he was.

I stealthily made my way to the ROOT ANBU hideout. It was a lucky thing that Muira Kokufu works for Danzo. During the time that I was in Konoha, he used her to keep an eye out on me. But unfortunately for him, all I had to do was keep an eye on her to find out where he is.

The moment I stepped into the compound, eight masked men attacked me with kunais. Back in Orochimaru's hideout, he used to make Sasuke fight hundreds of failed experiments for 'practice' and...it's not only Sasuke who learnt how to incapacitate people without killing them.

But I had to admit...while ANBU were stronger than Jonins, ROOT ANBU even surpassed the ANBU. 

To have a task force more competent than the ones working for the Hokage...if he were to plan a coup d'etat, there won't be very many people who could stop him.

Danzo: What is this? Why are you getting in my way?

Akame: Because 'your way' is detrimental to the safety of the village and the world.

Danzo: Detrimental?

Akame: The Uchiha clan massacre. You finish off the Uchiha clan and yet try to cling onto Uchiha Sasuke...it's not only because Itachi forced you to ensure Sasuke's safety right? Were you planning on introducing him to the ROOT ANBU?

Danzo:  It's a pity the Uchihas are unable to use their power to the fullest. Even if the Uchiha Massacre and coup d'etat had never taken place, there was no guarantee that the Uchihas won't plan a coup in the future. So, it was wiser to remove them as soon as possible. About recruiting the last living Uchiha, I must say that I have no interests in that matter. The Uchihas should simply be destroyed. Nothing else. If anything, I wanted you, not the boy. Your sword....it embodies the spirit of the ROOT.

Akame: So by 'spirit of ROOT' you mean kill everyone other than the owner?

It sickened me that he was suggesting that my Imperial Arms was in the same league as his ROOT ANBU. 

Danzo: The Hokage stands under the sun. The ROOT ANBU exists to carry out tasks that he, a dweller of the light, cannot fulfill.

For some reason his analogy reminded me of Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto...the straightforward hyperactive ninja who wishes to become the Hokage and Sasuke, the one walking in the shadows, fighting to destroy the ones who lurk in the darkness.

Danzo: This is all for the sake of attaining true peace for Konoha.

Akame: True peace...eh? Does true peace mean creating future wars to you?

Danzo: An assassin who is not in my control is a threat to the village. Don't worry, your sacrifice won't be in vain. 

.

.

.

Danzo: How persistent you are, you truly live up to your name as the greatest assassin. I suppose I must force an opportunity upon you.