Chapter 23 : The assassin and the Uchihas

Sasuke P.O.V

After I parted from Akame, I ran towards the village where Naruto was training with Jiraiya, the sannin.

I remembered Kakashi-sensei in the hospital... I remembered how Akame looked when she nearly died fighting her kidnapper...

I never thought that a day like this would come but... I admit that I care about Naruto.

He is stupid, crazy and too noisy but...he is kind and has a forgiving heart. He knows what pain is and he still gives his best and moves forward. He is almost crazy honest and optimistic.

And when I think of my brother kidnapping/killing this orange bundle of laughter... It makes me want to save him.

I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen...it was unfortunate that Akame went after someone who she said is familiar...

I am stronger... I am going to save Naruto from him...

* * * * *

"Gaaarh!"

Damn it...my wrist!

I was right. When I went to meet Naruto, I found him in the presence of Uchiha Itachi and Hoshigaki Kisame.

Naruto's chakra was being drained by Kisame and I heard them discuss whether it was better to cut off Naruto's hand and legs...so that it would be easy to take him along since he will be unable to resist.

I used chidori and ran at my brother...the chirping sounds filled the air.

But before I could land a hit on him, he punched...very heavily...in my stomach. Guess this is what they mean by getting your breath knocked out of you...

The chidori had gotten cancelled and he pinned me to the wall and traced his fingers around my wrist...and broke them.

I could see Naruto scream out my name. That idiot...he should focus on getting out of Kisame's grasp and running away.

Itachi was making a punching bag out of me.

To every punch of his, my body responded by throwing up blood...as if they had accepted that they have to flow to follow Itachi's commands.

He squeezed my wind pipe as he breathed into my ear.

"Your hatred for me is not enough. You are still weak...too weak to be an Uchiha. Too weak to even think of revenge. Perhaps you are simply trash. Maybe I should finish you off right now."

Tsk...it hurt... I had a few broken ribs, a broken wrist and bluish-purple marks all over my body.

Naruto was done for. Jiraiya was nowhere in sight and Kisame's Samehada was making a sport out of absorbing all of Naruto's chakra.

.

.

.

When all hope was lost, the assassin arrived.

" Ciao! Don't keep me out of the fun!"

Is that AKAME!

(A/N: Akame is always so serious...so I am giving a little fan service. So go ahead and enjoy this new side of Akame;)

But...was this really Akame? She was smiling... Beaming. She looked like she was on the 7th heaven of delight. Her eyes narrowed down when she saw the scene in front of her...but soon brightened up when Kakashi-sensei appeared behind her.

Itachi let go of my neck and I crashed to the ground. Naruto rushed towards me and tried to support me but that idiot's hand brushed against my chest and I let out a gasp of pain. Count on the idiot to rub against a bone that is broken. He is hurting me more than he is helping me.

Akame: Nee...Kakashi-sensei got to battle Itachi-san, Sasuke-san got to challenge Itachi-san too...why am I the only one left out?

Akame pouted as she looked at Kakashi.

Naruto: Hey! Even I didn't get to battle Itachi, believe it!

Akame: Eh~ but Naruto-tan is the damsel in distress here.

Naruto...tan?

Kakashi: Akame...did something happen?

Akame: Yeah! Tobi~chan gave me some sake while tending to my injuries...coz it hurt.

So...she was drunk?

Akame: I shall fight Tachi. Kakashi can fight the shark man.

Tachi? Shark man? Is this a comedy corner of an anime?

Naruto: But I want to do jutsus too... Believe it!

Akame: In that case you can do Oiroke no jutsu (Naruto's seduction jutsu).

Being the baka Naruto is, he really did it and transformed into the sexy female form of his. It had no effect on the ones who were in the room. kakashi-sensei had begun to battle Kisame.

Akame: Your eyes seem similar to that Uchiha. So cute.

She almost kissed Itachi! She pouted when Itachi swerved to avoid her. She said that his eyes are similar to a certain Uchiha. I and Itachi are the only living Uchihas...so does that mean she thinks I'm cute?

Despite the situation, I couldn't help the blush that crept up my face. Akame was slightly older than me...but I guess I know now why many people prefer mature, older woman...

Kakashi and Akame were holding well against their opponents. It was hard since Kisame's Samehada sucked up Kakashi's chakra everytime he got too close and Itachi's fire style jutsus were well blocked by Akame's freezing blade. Akame didn't use chakra so Samehada's attacks would be futile on her and Murasame emitted a really strong killing intent that didn't allow Itachi's genjutsus to get to her.

The battle drew on with neither side backing down.

" The hero has finally arrived!"

Wait! So that's why Akame asked Naruto to do the sexy jutsu...to attract Jiraiya!

Itachi and Kisame watched in shock as the reinforcement arrived. Jiraiya quickly did a jutsu that transferred all of us inside one of his toads...stomach.

Itachi used Amaterasu to clear a passage for him and Kisame to escape.
Shit...our eyes met. The moment my eyes made contact with Itachi's, my vision became black. I was falling for a genjutsu...

In that red and black world, Itachi replayed the Uchiha massacre again...again...and again.I could hear myself screaming my lungs out.

All of a sudden, the illusion stopped. The last thing I saw was an Ice blade stuck in Itachi's shoulder. The pain must have distracted him and released the genjutsu.

Akame is strong...so strong... I need to get stronger... No matter what method I use... Akame managed to hurt him . But I can't make her kill him...no... I need to kill Itachi with my own hands. Akame will be useful to make sure that nobody interrupts when I kill him.

I...will...kill...him...and exact revenge...that is what I wish for.

Suddenly Akame's face appeared in my mind...

" Make sure you find out what the truth is...dead people can never come back to life."

I knew that Akame would show a pained expression if I killed my own brother...

But what I am killing is not my brother, but the monster that massacred the Uchiha family.

Killing Itachi...overcoming Itachi...is what I live for...without revenge, there is no value or meaning to my life...

I felt the darkness takeover me...