Chapter 31 : Much ado about Tameshigiri

Sasuke P.O.V

Well...there were many complain worthy things here but overall I could feel that this atmosphere was required.

I wanted to go beyond bukijutsu. Fuuma shuriken used to be my best bet and I used to practice shuriken-jutsu in Konoha since Itachi was marvelous at it but I soon realized that I would have to use my own strengths and not just try to imitate Itachi's skills. Orochimaru specialized in using snake summons and since Sandaime-sama sealed away his hands, summons were the only jutsu he could use. Kabuto always used senbons. He was a medical ninja so it was obvious that he knew the weak points of the body like the back of his hand.

But...I knew that I needed something more concrete. That was when I decided to learn kenjutsu from Akame. Orochimaru and Kabuto often came to the training grounds to watch Akame fight against failed experiements or experiments that failed to go past the first stage of the curse mark. Akame still maintained her usual beliefs. She would never use Murasame on them. Instead she would use her Ice style to create a makeshift sword.

I had never noticed before but her swordsmanship...it was beautiful. Not a single wastage of movement and she always calculated the most efficient path to decapitate the target. I often heard Orochimaru mumble that he had never seen her style of swordsmanship. That was quite something since he was quite knowledgeable as one of the three legendary sannin. She was really out of the world.

It made me realize. Swords would make my fights more clean and focused. But...I rather regretted asking her to help me.

Akame: Uchiha Sasuke. Sit near the base of the waterfall in seiza position and make the water surface still.

Make the surface still! How on earth was that possible? There was huge water pressure at the base where the falling water connected with the lake. It shook me just to walk carefully on water.

Sasuke: Is this supposed to be about chakra control? Kakashi-sensei already taught me that.

Akame: I have no intentions of teaching my skills to an amateur who isn't even patient enough to strengthen fundamentals. Without a strong basic, anything I teach you will have less impact no matter how perfect the technique is.

Sasuke: yeah right... if you want me to do it, why not show me how its done first?

Akame: Look carefully then.

Wait...she is actually going to do it? She removed her clothes, she had a swimsuit beneath it, and simply began to walk on water like it was nothing. She headed over to the base of the waterfall and sat down. It was quite surprising that the force of the waterfall didn't immerse her into the water. She took a deep breath...

Something extremely astounding took place! There was water falling on her but...the area surrounding her had a clear surface free of ripples! H-How did she do that? She didn't have chakra but was she using her version of chakra?

Akame: This is what you will be able to do in two months...if you listen to every instruction of mine.

S-So cool! As much as it infuriated me, I had to admit that she was on a completely different level!

Sasuke: I'll try!

.

.

.

Sasuke: A-Akame...how was it?

Akame: Hm...it could do with more practice but...you have got the hang of it. Now try to maintain that position for 45 minutes.

45 minutes! It was hell to maintain it just for one minute. Akame practiced this basic of hers twice in a day. While I try, stop and then try again, she maintains it for two full hours. I could only try for a minute and...I was nowhere near the base while she sat right under the falls.