Chapter 11 : Light is faster than sound

Akame and Sakura were hidden in a cave. Naruto was knocked out due to lack of chakra while Sasuke looked like he was in terrible pain.

"Akame, are you all right?"

"Eh? I all-"

Akame suddenly lunged forward and Sakura caught her. Tsk...seems like Esdeath's Imperial arms comes with a high price. Murasame uses bloodlust while Esdeath's uses an incredibly high determination to the world's strongest. Which meant Ice would be last option...if she or someone else is close to death.

Akame felt dizzy. In fact she was positive that she felt anaemic. Perhaps Esdeath's Imperial arm used a lot of energy and...blood.

Sakura made Akame sit beside Naruto and Sasuke. Akame merely refused and decided to do something. Sitting would only remember painful memories.

There were three things team seven needed:-
1. Water - to bring down Naruto and Sasuke's fever
2. Food - They hadn't eaten anything since the start of the second round of chuunin exams
3. Medicine - If they could. Akame had a vague idea where she could find them.

Akame left to find the three things while Sakura decided to take care of the duo.

A while later

"A pleasure to meet you again."

The man stared at Akame with a surprised look. He had spiky silver colored hair that came till his shoulders. It was pulled back in a low pony tail. He wore the konoha forehead protector. Kabuto Yakushi.

Kabuto: Akame-san, why did you track me down? You do realize we are enemies.

Akame: Yes, I do know. But I also know that I need your expertise. You are a medical ninja are you not?

Kabuto stiffened and his team mates, Shibuki Reo and Kitaoji Megumi took their positions., ready to protect Kabuto. Akame raised her hands to indicate that she meant no harm. Kabuto asked Megumi and Reo to calm down.

Kabuto: So? What do you want?

Akame: Medication for fever and if possible for a curse mark. It would be welcome if you could tell me what treatment Anko-san went through for the curse mark, it's symptoms, triggers,cures and risks.

Kabuto: And why should I?

Akame: In exchange for the heaven's scroll. You have the earth scroll right? Besides...since you are a researcher, you would find this poison interesting. I am the only one who can make it and there is no antidote for it at the moment.

Akame took a vial with black liquid and poured a little over the tree nearby. In 10 minutes, the tree got rotten away. Kabuto smirked and accepted the second vial. There was no doubt that this poison was extremely potent. One drop...or perhaps even less...would be enough to kill a person in a matter of seconds.

He gave her the medicine for fever and stated that the curse mark can be removed only upon the death or will of the caster.

Akame thanked him, threw Megumi the heavens scroll and walked away. She knew the medication worked. She had seen Kabuto swallow a few pills after he had been attacked by the sound ninja. He had also given some fever reducing pills to Megumi when her face was flushed red with fever. These pills looked just like the ones he gave Megumi so she was sure that they were safe. But she lied about one thing. The poison was merely liquified form of Murasame'. It did have an antidote. A mixture of her blood and water in the ratio 7:3.

Akame decided to go back to the cave where Sakura was watching over Naruto and Sasuke. But before that it would be better to secure scrolls from some other teams before heading back. She was sure that Sasuke-san would be quite angry with her if she told them that she had given away their scroll.

On the way she met a team of six grass ninja. So they had formed an alliance... Not a bad idea. They could overpower teams and gather as many scrolls as required. Then they won't have to worry about internal conflict. Akame sensed that they had two earth scrolls and one heaven scroll...perfect!

Then she decided to sneak out some water(from a heavily guarded lake) and then finally picked out some non-poisonous berries and headed back.

Later,back at the cave

When Akame came back, she was shocked to find an unconscious Lee and a very agitated Sakura. They had been attacked by three sound genins.

Sakura's hair was surprisingly short...like it had been cut off in self defense and she was covered in bruises all over her body...but Akame couldn't help but smile. These injuries were a proof that Sakura had fought with all her might. Sakura was finally showing her true colors.

Akame was going to take care of them but her vision darkened. She realized that she hadn't taken a moment's rest since the start of the second test. Battle with Orochimaru, tracking Kabuto down and then defeating an alliance consisting of six grass genins...besides use of Esdeath's Imperial arms had made her tired too.

She managed to push the medicine Kabuto had given, down Naruto and Sasuke's throats. Naruto's body merely fell into a deep slumber while Sasuke woke up...in a very bad temper. He looked at Sakura and Akame. They were both in a bad state(even though Akame didn't have too many physical wounds).

"Who did this to you, Sakura?"

Sakura was scared but she mutely pointed at the sound ninjas. Sasuke was oozing a venemous aura and half his face was covered in a flame like tattoo. His left eye was completely black. The sound genins leered at Sasuke. Akame had a bad feeling so tried to pull him back but he pushed back her hands. In a flash, he was behind the sound ninja called Dosu. The sickening sound of his shoulder blades dislocating filled the air. Just as Akame's vision blurred, she heard Sasuke murmur...

" Rest now. I'll show them how light(will of fire) is faster than sound."

Akame smiled slightly and slumped on Sakura's shoulder.