Chapter 35 : A rendezvous with the man behind the mask

A/N: The events of this chapter happen when Uchiha Sasuke kills off Orochimaru.

Akame P.O.V

Sasuke was going to kill Orochimaru. All I knew is that he had gone o an abandoned city and met a someone called Nekobaa. But it seemed like he had been working on genjutsu and his 'special' move. 

 Well since Sasuke wasn't willing to confide the details of the plan in me, I decided to go on one of Kabuto's rare solo missions to get ingredients from rather shady dealers. I'd rather not into the jars. As it is, they had a rather pungent smell that tortured my nose.

The basic reason for me leaving the hideout was so that Orochimaru and Kabuto would lower their guard. The duo were planning to do the ritual in 1-2 days so we were going to give them a false opening. They would come to takeover Sasuke's body but would fall for Sasuke's trap instead.

I put the jars into one of those sealing tags and walked around the village. Four years...I was quite used to the village and the villagers too knew me quite well with my alias. I picked up some assorted Dango from one of the stores and walked on as I savoured their juicy sweetness. Dangos reminded me of the time Sasuke had asked me to the dango store and confided his past and his plan for the future with me. A dango shop was also the place where I had my first date with Obito.

Time does fly so fast...

"The rage of the thunder god, Adrameleh!"

One benefit of Adrameleh...or rather the only benefit of adrameleh that I could currently use was teleportation...or rather I simply rode on lightning so it looks like I am teleporting.

"Why are you so wary of me?"

Akame: Because you are pretending to be Obito.

The man froze for a moment. I almost chuckled. Obito had done the same thing when I had found out about his identity and power. The man sighed but he didn't remove his mask.

"How did you realize it?"

Akame: Well...I and Obito-san might not meet often but I do know the feel of his chakra. Besides Obito would have teleported next to me rather than use a genjutsu to pretend to appear through thin air.

"Pretend?"

Akame: Ah. I realized it when I trained with Sasuke. Genjutsus don't work on me because my eyes are artificial...though you won't really get what that means. Well either way there's no way I would mistake the identity of someone who saved my life.

Obito: I see.

Obito stepped out of thin air and stood beside the masked man. Just as I thought. Obito knew this man. I knew this masked man's chakra because...a bit of his chakra was mixed up with Obito's chakra. The masked man looked quite pleased with my reasoning. 

"I have something to tell you. Unfortunately the discussion cannot be held out in the open because even the trees have ears."

'Even the trees have ears' eh? This man...was no ordinary person. When I was with Obito, I felt like I was in the presence of a really strong person but...this person gave me the feeling that I was conversing with a higher being.

What do I do? Do I follow them or...do I wait for Sasuke? Sasuke might be coming in a while.

"This is also in the interests of Uchiha Sasuke. The discussion won't take long. You'll be back before Sasuke-kun comes back."

Akame: I see. In that case, I'd like the hear what you wish to say.

Obito placed a hand on shoulder. Before I knew it, I felt a sensation like I was being squeezed really hard from all sides but the sensation disappeared in a second. I was now standing in front of the Nakano shrine. In just a moment I had traveled all the way from Kumagakure to Konohagakure.