Chapter 49 : Beneath the shadows

Akame P.O.V

Obito: Do you still not get it?

Sasuke: Save? P-Protect? What do you mean? Are you both trying to be funny?

Obito: I'll say it more clearly then. You believed you knew so much about your brother but...you really knew nothing.

Sasuke's eyes darkened in anger as he swatted my hand away. He gave a glare of pure loathing. W-Why does he hate Obito that badly? Because he was a member of the Akatsuki?

Sasuke: Continue sprouting crap like that...and I'll kill you.

Obito: Oh? Is it so easy for you to kill people now that you've killed your 'greatest obstacle'? Look Metsujin Akame, is this the boy you said is reliable? Is he the one you trusted enough to train?

Akame: Obito?

Obito: You've always been that way, Uchiha Sasuke...no maybe all Uchihas suffer the same fate. We never realize the 'truth' before it's too late. Do you think Akame trained you to become a killer?

Sasuke: She did train me to be a killer. That is a fact.

I sank to the floor in shock. What the hell was he saying? I...I didn't do that! Does this mean...Sasuke's attempted murder on Itachi is...my fault?

Obito: You're determined to make this conversation hard aren't you? Keep in mind that the Akatsuki saved you from death...the state you were in after that battle, you would have died on your own. Even that Uzumaki woman wouldn't have been able to save you. So at least do us both a favor and listen.

Akame: Obito...you didn't tell me about it either...

Obito: All right you can stay here too...but listen carefully. Remember that accomplice that Itachi was talking about? I am that Uchiha Madara!

Wait! What on earth is he going on about?

Obito: I know everything there is to know about Itachi. Although Itachi died without realizing it himself.

Sasuke: Shut up! I don't care about that! JUST GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!

Sasuke screamed out and his chest began to bleed again. For the time being I numbed his body to stop his bleeding. If it's true that I am the one who made Sasuke the way he is now...then I have a duty to stand by him.

Obito: No. You will listen to me. It's something you have to hear. It's your duty as the one who killed Itachi.

Akame: Sasuke...just listen for now and decide for yourself whether it's right or wrong...

Obito: For the sake of the shinobi world...For the sake of Konoha and...for the sake of his little brother, he put everything on the line. You need to know the life that Uchiha Itachi lived. Don't you get it? Don't you get why Itachi placed the Amaterasu in your eye? It's because he didn't want us to meet.

Akame: Is it because he didn't want Sasuke to 'know' anything from you?

Obito: The only ones who knew the truth about Itachi were Shimura Danzou, the third Hokage along with the advisors Homura and Koharu. You remember them quite well don't you, Akame?

Akame: Oh? I didn't think I'd hear their name again. I had quite the time under Shimura Danzo and Muira Kokufu. They used me as an assassin for hire, sending me away ever so frequently on assassin mission and paying me based on D rank mission wage rate. Worst of all...I had that explosive tag-

Sasuke: Tag? What are you going on about.

I froze. It was better that Sasuke didn't know. Tsk...I slipped up! This talk with Obito...it gave me a bad feeling...it made me uncertain and worried for some reason.