1K 37 0

"Okay," Vanessa exhaled

"Okay," Vanessa exhaled. "One more year. Let me just get through one more year."

She entered the halls of West Bev with Gilinsky. Boys were gawking at her beauty while girls were staring and hoping Gilinsky was available. Madison and Andrea walked past them and Madison winked at Gilinsky.

 Madison and Andrea walked past them and Madison winked at Gilinsky

"I think this year will be just fine..." Gilinsky trailed off, staring at Madison who was down the hall by now.

"Seriously? What 16 year old looks like that?" Vanessa's face scrunched up with disgust.

"Don't be so judgmental," he laughed. "I gotta focus on football anyway. Coach is not gonna be too friendly this year."

"Of course," Vanessa agreed. "This has to be winning season. Last year was shit, sorry to say."

"Hey sis," Kian said, sneaking up behind her.

"Don't! Call me that."

"Why not, sis?" Kian spoke louder, purposely.

"Just because my dad married your mom does not mean you can go around embarrassing me and telling the world. Ugh."

"Be nice to your brother," Gilinsky teased.

"You're supposed to be on my side, Jack."

Kian was always obnoxious, putting on a show to make people laugh. Vanessa always despised him. So one could imagine how much she felt life was over when their parents broke the news that they were dating...and later engaged to be married. Their parents' wedding surprisingly went smoothly without Kian and Vanessa bickering. But once it was over, things went back to normal. Kian was back to pulling pranks & being gross.

"I'll see you later...BEST SISTER I NEVER HAD!" Kian laughed all the way down the hall and Vanessa quickly rushed over to her locker, hiding her face. Gilinsky leaned against the locker next to it.

"Anyway," she sighed. "Have you seen Lucy? I've been texting to her all morning and no answer."

"I haven't seen her since the party," Gilinsky shrugged.

"I saw her at the store a few days ago and she said hi but she seemed down. I don't know what's up with that girl."

"Did you try asking her?"