425 27 28

Kian heard Lucy scream and then he heard nothing. Now he was frantic.

"Hello?! ... Lucy! ... shit, shit, shit, shit..."

He didn't know what to do, he didn't know if she was in true danger enough for him to call the police especially since over the past year, he's had a couple run-ins with the police in which is stepdad had to help bail him out. He's even been on the verge of getting kicked out of his house due to his old ways returning.

Kian had to think quick...so he grabbed his car keys; sending himself into possible danger. But it was all for Lucy.

. . .

Stass, Gilinsky, Lucy, and Nate were all on their knees in the woods. The only light that Daisy and Madison had were the ones on their phones. They didn't want to draw too much attention by starting a fire.

Nate tried moving his wrists in order to loosen the rope around them but it was tied entirely too tight. His mouth was taped & he had a burlap sack over his head which didn't exactly make it easier to breathe. He heard others panting & quietly sobbing around him. It was dark and scary. He heard someone walking around, breaking twigs on the ground with crunchy leaves. He heard the night's crickets & owls. Madison walked behind him and made sure the rope was still tight.

"Welcome to your fate," they heard Daisy said. Madison was trying not to laugh, remaining quiet since they could probably make out her voice. "Two of you are here because you're a couple of undeserving assholes that think you can live life without a care in the world. Hurting those who were once closest to you...people that trusted you and loved you. And the other two...well, you were just in the line of fire. Little pawns. So why are we doing this, you're wondering? It's just a little experiment. We wanna see how long you can survive in the middle of nowhere while you're bound & silent...no food, no water, no phone. No way to call for help. If you make it out successfully, then congrats. We'll be long gone before then."

The burlap sack was abruptly snatched off of Gilinsky's head and so was Nate's.

"You two boys are going with us," Daisy continued. "We figured it's best to keep you separated from your damsels in distress."

A masked Madison shined the light in Gilinsky's face. His eyes were red with tears, his face was slightly dirty. All he could think about was getting back to Vanessa and marrying her like they planned.

The camera light briefly swept across Madison's eyes and Jack immediately knew it was her, he knew those eyes too well even if it had been years. But he couldn't say a single word, everything was muffled.

"Get up," Daisy commanded the boys behind her mask. "And ladies, I wouldn't try anything stupid. There are eyes on you that you can't see."

Lucy and Stass continued to sob well after they couldn't hear footsteps anymore.

With the boys, they were unsure how far they had walked after a while. When they reached the designated spot, the girls pushed them down to their knees again. Luckily, Jack's hands were tied in front of him. When they were captured, he was the last to get tied up and had started to come to. Daisy had to hold him down, being much stronger than him. They didn't have time to turn him around so they tied his hands up front.

Jack used this advantage to grab some dirt, leaves, and pebbles; enclosing it all in his hands. Nate was the only one that witnessed this, wishing he could do the same. But he knew Gilinsky was about to try something either really smart or really stupid.

And then...he went for it. He waited until Daisy got close then quickly tossed up all the dirt, leaves, & pebbles into Daisy's eyes. She screamed while Gilinsky scrambled to his feet. He was going to help Nate but he still had Madison to worry about. So he ran. Just as Madison began to run after him, Nate stuck his leg out, tripping her. This resulted in Madison kicking Nate in the face before getting back on her feet to continue the chase.