499 35 26

"Can we just stay here," Gilinsky groaned as he asked Vanessa

"I would love to," she giggled. "But checkout time is in 2 hours."

"Let's extend then." He kissed up her thigh.

"Nice try, Jack. But I start my hospital volunteering today, remember?"

Jack groans and looks up at her, making a sad puppy face.

"Don't do that," she bit back a smile. "You know what that does to me."

"That's the point, my love."

Vanessa sat up, making Jack sit up with her. She kisses him on the nose.

"I have to shower." Vanessa wraps one of the hotel's bedsheets around her, heading to the bathroom.

Once Jack hears the water starting, he gets up & puts on his boxers. He grabbed his backpack and takes out the engagement ring once again. This time he takes the ring out of the box and stares down at it. He kept asking himself if he was sure about this.

"Hey babe?" Vanessa now had a towel wrapped around her.

Jack quickly turns around and keeps the ring hidden behind his back.

"Hmm?"

"...What are you hiding?"

"Nothing," he shook his head. "You just kinda scared me, that's all."

"Uh huh. So what's the actual truth?" She inched closer to him.

Jack sighs in defeat and walks past her. He goes in the bathroom and turns the shower off.

"Uh...I was waiting for the water to warm." Her eyes narrowed.

Jack comes back out and has her sit down on the bed. He begins pacing the room until he gets on his knees, resting the ring on the floor out of her line of sight.

"Vanessa," he began. "I know we've known each other since we were younger but--"

"Are you breaking up with me?!"

"...N-no," he nervously laughs.

"This sounds like one of those speeches."

He places his fingertips on her lips, silencing her. "Just...let me talk."

"Sorry."

"Like I was saying, I know we've known each other since we were younger but I feel like I've known you for longer than that. Lifetimes, maybe. You don't know how much you are home to me. I spent weeks trying to figure out how to make things special, but I just want you. I want you just how you are in front of me right now with your makeup all rubbed off, your hair all messed up..."

Jack reaches for the ring and makes it so that he's only one knee now.

"Marry me, Vanessa Jones." The corners of his eyes crinkled as he smiled wide. "I refuse to have anyone else. I just want it to be us."