433 34 33

Kian's mother held her warm coffee mug close to her chest as she stared out the kitchen window to the pool area with a look of confusion. Meanwhile, Kian was chopping up random fruits for Mady's morning snack.

"What on earth is she doing," his mother asked quietly.

"It's yoga," he replied.

"Is that a higher level of it? I don't know anyone who can do that upside down...looks like it hurts."

"She's been doing it for a long time, mom. She's okay."

Kian smiled & popped a grape into his mouth before joining Mady outside

Kian smiled & popped a grape into his mouth before joining Mady outside. She let's herself down out of the difficult yoga position and sat upright on her mat.

"I took a grape," he spoke as he chewed.

"It's fine." She took the bowl.

"I was thinking," he began as he sat down on a nearby patio chair. "I could take you to Malibu later and show you around since you've never been and-"

"No thank you," she interrupted.

"No? Why not?"

"I'm not really in the mood to explore today." She took a deep breath and ate a piece of cantaloupe.

"Oh," he sighed. "So you just wanna stay in...wanna watch some movies? Or we could meditate together or--"

"Do you still love Lucy?"

Kian was stunned. "No. Why would you ask me that?"

She turned to face him directly. "Look me in the eye and tell me you don't love her."

"Mady, where is this even coming from? I thought we were havin' a good time, just us two."

Mady folds her arms and gives him the quizzical brow.

"Okay, okay," he said, putting his hands up. "No need to burn lasers into my forehead. I don't love Lucy. Can you please tell me where this came from now?"

"You talk in your sleep, you know?"

"I know."

"I told you I loved you while you were sleeping and you said I love you too, Lucy. And that really hurt me."

Kian struggled to find the words but instead bursted into a slight laughter. "I can't control what happens in my dreams, babe. I wasn't aware, I wasn't lucid dreaming. I'm sorry you had to hear that."

"Hm." Mady stood up & with her bowl of fruit she left Kian to go back upstairs to his room.

"Mads," he called out. "Come on."

But she ignored him. Kian took a deep breath and went on his phone. He looked through his photo gallery and came across cute old pictures of he & Lucy. A tiny smile grew but soon it faded. Out of impulse, he deleted the pictures.