546 32 20

Lucy typed up the last of her paper which was due once spring break ended. But she refused to spend her entire break stressing out about it. She was now free to have all the fun she wanted with Kian & her friends.

Her doorbell rang but she ignored it, knowing someone else would answer the door.

"Lucy!" Ty shouted from downstairs moments later. "It's one of your friends, Jake! ...My bad, I mean Jack!"

She rolled her eyes. "What could he possibly want," she mumbled to herself.

When she made her way downstairs, Jack seemed nervous.

"I'm off to work," Ty told Lucy. "I already texted Dad, I'm bringing dinner when I come back."

"Bring some manicotti this time," she pleaded. "Please, it's my favorite."

"I'll see what I can do." Ty and Lucy bumped fists and he left.

"Did I...miss something?" Jack asked with a furrowed brow.

"A lot," she shrugged. "You were clearly busy with Madison...then Vanessa...then Madison again apparently...now Va--"

"I get it, I get it. Look, speaking of Vanessa, I need your help."

"Gilinsky, it's Spring Break and my week is pretty booked."

"Booked? Doing what?"

"Stuff!"

"Please!" Jack waved her off.

"Whatever. What do you need help with?" Lucy sighed.

She let Jack inside and he followed her into the living room.

"Okay," he took a deep breath. "It's her half birthday on Wednesday."

Lucy stared at him blankly

"Her half birthday," Lucy repeated. "...What is this white nonsense?"

"Hear me out," Jack tried not to laugh. "I just wanna surprise her, you know?"

"Then just surprise her with something. Don't use a half birthday as an excuse. Don't you think it would be more meaningful if you gave her nice things for no reason? You know, like a boyfriend should?"

"You mean to tell me Kian surprises you with out of the blue with gifts?"

"No because I don't care about gifts," Lucy shrugged. "He surprises me with little things like movie tickets, a trip to the park so he could teach me how to skateboard, free ice cream, spontaneous sex--"

"Spare me the extra details," Jack cringes. "Okay...so what should I randomly surprise her with?"

"You're the boyfriend." Lucy threw her hands up. "You've known her since elementary school, dude. Start from there. What did she love as a kid? That might make her melt if you did things throwback style."