484 33 32

"I know I should've called," Kian mumbled. His demeanor was unfazed compared to the others who were in shock. Lucy especially was stunned.

"Maybe you should have," Vanessa replied quietly. "Who's the chick?"

Kian quickly glanced at Lucy and then back to Vanessa, taking a deep breath.

"This is Mady."

Mady was dressed in a long bohemian skirt, a black tank top, and numerous beaded & twine bracelets. She also had a pink streak in her wavy hair.

"Hi," Mady shyly waved.

Lucy noticed how Kian's attire wasn't too far off from Mady's. He wore a braided twine anklet along with his tacky striped shorts & a burnt orange button-up that wasn't buttoned up at all.

"Yeah great," Vanessa rolled her eyes. "I meant why is she here."

"Oh, don't worry. I come in peace," Mady smiled.

"Aliens? What?" Drunk Johnson muttered.

"...She's my girlfriend." Kian said it without flinching.

Lucy immediately felt emotion swell up in her throat. Nate looked at her, still holding onto her arm, but he felt her slipping out of his grasp. She waded through the water til she hit the steps and quickly got out of the pool.

"Aw Lucy!" Vanessa called out for her friend.

Lucy pushed past Kian, not bothering to look him in the eye.

"Am I missing something," Mady asked.

"Yes," Vanessa spoke as she got out the pool next. "You're missing something, you're intruding, you both are ruining everything. At least I'm going after Lucy unlike you, Kian."

Vanessa also pushes past them and heads upstairs where Lucy went.

"I'm still confused."

Gilinsky sighed. "Your boyfriend, the jackass, used to date Lucy. Then he disappeared & showed up with you."

"Is that true?" Mady let go of his hand.

"Let's not tell lies, Gilinsk. Mady, Lucy and I weren't together when I left. We--"

"But you lied to her," Nate spoke up in a loud tone. Gilinsky was shocked, he thought Nate would've let everything play out. "You told her you were going to one place just for the summer and that you'd be back. She told me she couldn't wait til summer ended because she knew you'd be back and you'd be cool again."

"I can't help what happened while I was away," Kian shrugged. "I guess a break meant two things between her and I. Happy to see you're uh, walking again. Good for you."

"I would come over there & throw these hands but outta respect for Lucy, I'll wait for her to lash out on you first."

"Ha."

Meanwhile in Vanessa's room, Lucy was sobbing; trying not to be too loud. Vanessa held her as they sat down on the floor.

"The fact that he brought her doesn't bother me." The tears trickled down her already-wet face. "No, I'm more upset at the fact that he could easily move on without us ever getting closure. I mean, I wasn't looking for closure because I figured he'd get his shit in order then we'd work on getting back together. It wasn't over for me! But it's over for him!"

"That's right," Vanessa hugged Lucy again. "Cry it out. Don't keep it bottled up."

. . . . .

John takes a deep breath before he opens his eyes to a beautiful morning. He's naked in bed next to Nadia who is fast asleep. He can't help but admire how beautiful she looks. So he leans over and kisses up her jawline until she wakes up giggling.