409 25 34

NEXT YEAR APRIL

"Baby?" Nate heard Lucy speak as he woke up.

"Hmm," he grunted.

She kisses his neck. "Wakey wakey. Do you have any rolling papers?"

"Papers?" He mumbled.

"Yeah I just capped before breakfast," she chuckled.

He felt her nails tickle his chest. Since last year, her entire wardrobe had changed from her usual casual L.A. Girl look to outfits like cut up tie-dye shirts from thrift shops that showed her midriff, baggy jeans, & ratty Chuck Taylors. People would tell her that she downgraded because of her careless look & they'd place the blame on how she handled her parents' divorce. But she'd tell them that the divorce did nothing but open the doors she kept close. She began wondering what the point of everything was; why she felt the need to uphold a certain standard since she lived in Beverly Hills. So she became more relaxed. Her hair was a little shorter & dyed a magenta hue. She tossed out all of her expensive perfumes & sticks to flowery scents from body oils. All of her expensive jewelry was pawned & the money went directly to charity. The only thing she kept was her pearl necklace which was given to her by her late grandmother.

Lucy had become Nate's own 90's stoner dreamgirl. He wasn't changing his outfits, though.

Nate shook his head 'no'. "I don't have rollin' papers for you. You only get what's already rolled."

"Oh?"

"Mmhmm. 'Cause you my lil princess."

"Hmm, that's where you're wrong, Maloley."

"How so," his eyes opened a little more as he reached over to his college apartment's nightstand to begin his morning toke. For his sophomore year, he and some friends from his college freshman year, had decided to all live in a house right next to campus. The 3 of them also rent out the 4th room for students that come and go.

"Well," she lights his blunt for him. "I'm not a princess, never was. I've always been a goddess. And you are nothing short of a god."

"Oh shit, word? You never said that before."

"You've never done what you did last night, before." She takes the blunt out of his mouth as she continued to straddle him in only her t-shirt & underwear. After taking a hit, he pulls her down to him so she could shotgun the smoke into his mouth.

"Mmm, minty kush," he grinned.

"Yes, brushing your teeth is great. Hint hint," she joked.

"Smart ass," he quietly laughed.

His phone suddenly rang and he answered it.

"Yo," he said. "...Oh shit, right now?"

. . .

Gilinsky and Vanessa are laid up in a hammock in her backyard. While she rests on his chest, she reads a magazine; her engagement ring sparkling behind it. Gilinsky's fast asleep but she doesn't know it yet. It was only a month ago when she finally accepted his proposal. They had traveled to Ibiza for spring break and during a celebration, they both got lost in the unruly crowd of faces they've never seen before. Terrifying moments always bring the outcome of people getting closer than before. Gilinsky had found her just in time before a group of male partygoers began to grope her. A fight ensued but not for long. A nearby policewoman saw what happened and let Gilinsky go. On the flight back home, Vanessa was still a little shaken up but she knew she would always feel safe with him.