405 25 44

FIVE YEARS LATER

25 year old Serenity steps out of her Ferrari, touching up her lips with her own brand of matte lip color

25 year old Serenity steps out of her Ferrari, touching up her lips with her own brand of matte lip color. Her expensive heels gracefully tap the stone path as she enters Nadia & John's wedding venue. Everything is beautiful; fit for royalty. The wedding ceremony is to take place outside with the reception being only further down the open-aired estate under large & illuminated white tents.

Vendors were still setting up but she had to see her old best friend Tiffany in action. Tiffany was the wedding planner, having started her own business just the year before with Logan's help. She got lucky that Nadia and John still wanted a large wedding for extended family & friends. They had already gotten married in a civil ceremony after Finn turned 1. But now Finn is 5; being cute as ever & the ring bearer. After finally getting their lives together as a family, they decided to have a real celebration with the financial help of their families.

"Excuse me," Serenity sought one of the caterers. "Do you know where I can find Tiffany Kelly? I mean— Tiffany Lerman."

"Yeah," he said while lifting a crate of wine off the ground. He turned around & looked up. Serenity was stunned. It was Sammy. He was equally as stunned. "Whoa...Serenity?!"

"Oh wow," she chuckled. "If it isn't my blast from the past. Get over here."

They hugged tightly. They truly hadn't seen each other face to face since they broke up in high school. Sammy couldn't believe how much more beautiful she looked. Her hair was shorter and back to it's natural hue. She slimmed down a bit & he couldn't believe how much more vibrant she looked. She certainly was happier.

"Check you out," he smiled. "I didn't know you were comin'."

"Yeah I was shocked when I received an invite. So you're catering this?"

"Yes ma'am. I kinda joined forces with Kian Lawley...of all people. Nadia and John are our first clients."

"Hm," she grinned. "You always kind of knew your way around the kitchen."

"You remember," he blushed. "Well, I won't keep you too long. Tiff should be in the bridal suite with Nadia."

Serenity winked at him. "We'll catch up later."

"I need those crates, Wilkinson," Kian shouted from around the corner.

"See ya," he bashfully said to Serenity.

. . .